Rumor: Charlie Coyle being dangled (OTT, MTL, BOS interested)

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Russo: Goaltending crisis, Koivu's hurt, team's swooning —...

Multiple league sources have told The Athletic that Charlie Coyle is very much being dangled.

It is believed that Eastern Conference teams Ottawa, Montreal and Boston have at least shown interest and are watching Coyle closely. The Canadiens have shown interest in prior years, too.

The article also states there is "little doubt" that GMPF would trade Nino.

Minnesota's needs in Russo's eyes (and most Wild fans):
The Wild, continuing a trend of Fenton’s predecessor, desperately need a right-shot winger who can score.
But they could suddenly need a center, too.
It is believed that Koivu will be out long term.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I'd think the Wild would want to target another guy in the same age and skill bracket who also may need a change of scenery and just do a hockey trade "flip". Because otherwise it seems like selling when his value is at its absolute lowest. I would think Nino falls into the same boat.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Huh, I forgot Coyle existed. What's been his story the last couple years, why would he be on the block

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I think MIN is better off with a coaching change instead.
They have way more problems than a stuggling Coyle

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Boston has a very weak midd6 so help is needed there.

I know lot of Boston fans would love to add a 6'3 forward into the mix.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I'd think the Wild would want to target another guy in the same age and skill bracket who also may need a change of scenery and just do a hockey trade "flip". Because otherwise it seems like selling when his value is at its absolute lowest. I would think Nino falls into the same boat.

Tierney?

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Coyle on the Bruins could be interesting, but I don't think he's the answer there.

As for Nino, I'd love him on my Leafs but can't take on the salary commitment. I could see a good fit in Montreal, add some more oomph to that lineup.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Boston has a very weak midd6 so help is needed there.
Yeah Boston makes a lot of sense. They could really use some secondary scoring and I think Coyle would be a good fit stylistically with Debrusk and Krejci.

Would love to hear some thoughts from wild fans on what Minnesota be looking for from Boston...

Reactions: thedustman

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Coyle on the Bruins could be interesting, but I don't think he's the answer there.

As for Nino, I'd love him on my Leafs but can't take on the salary commitment. I could see a good fit in Montreal, add some more oomph to that lineup.

Boston is missing 2 players from their F group and Coyle would address the other one, so I agree with you but he would also make the team better.

Yeah Boston makes a lot of sense. They could really use some secondary scoring and I think Coyle would be a good fit stylistically with Debrusk and Krejci.

Would love to hear some thoughts from wild fans on what Minnesota be looking for from Boston...

I haven't watched him this year, in the previous years have seen a lot but he's just the type I could see Bostons management be really after.

I neither have no idea of the value but would be interested to know.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I would like to see Coyle in Montreal but I don't know if there's a trade to be made that makes sense for both sides. Maybe something around Danault?

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
This was my thought as well, although Tierney is an RFA at the end of his contract whereas Coyle is a UFA. Also, with Duchene's injury we may not have the luxury of trading away a C right now.

I could see something around Dzingel.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Boston: How close is Trent Frederic to being NHL ready? What about Donato?

Ottawa: Tierney? How is Logan Brown looking?

Montreal: I have no clue... Danault? I know next to nothing about a lot their players.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Boston: How close is Trent Frederic to being NHL ready? What about Donato?

Ottawa: Tierney? How is Logan Brown looking?

Montreal: I have no clue... Danault? I know next to nothing about a lot their players.

Brown was hurt to start the season but has posted 9 points in 10 AHL games thus far. Don't think they are ready to bring him up just yet and I definitely don't think he would be dealt for Coyle.

As for Tierney, I could see it but I think we'd ideally wait until one of Pageau/Duchene returns. I know you guys are in somewhat of a similar position.

Do you think the Wild would have any interest in impending UFA Ryan Dzingel? He has 11g and 20p so far this season.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Brown was hurt to start the season but has posted 9 points in 10 AHL games thus far. Don't think they are ready to bring him up just yet and I definitely don't think he would be dealt for Coyle.

As for Tierney, I could see it but I think we'd ideally wait until one of Pageau/Duchene returns. I know you guys are in somewhat of a similar position.

Do you think the Wild would have any interest in impending UFA Ryan Dzingel? He has 11g and 20p so far this season.
Isn't Dzingel a left wing?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2