TSN: Charles Wang in talks to sell majority stake

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
I haven't been in the place but will make it a point to go next year. The upper areas you are talking about... it would be good to see first hand what the steepness is of the seating. I have been in some upper arena areas that made me afraid to lose a step, which translated into pretty good sight lines.

If neither upper end can see the ice that blows, and I would think that would also suck for Bball.

I think with the way it's set up you get most or all ice in the existing seats, with some areas heads in the way upstairs, some perfectly clear......but just doing the outline in my head, moving the rink center kills a TON of seats. The steep pitch if the upper section I heard from, second hand, and it seems it might be dangerous for the elderly or drunken Ranger fans getting their arses kicked.

rollin109

Jun 21, 2007
It is very steep.

And for hockey or basketball, if you are near the top, the bottom part of the ice/court is obstructed if someone is leaning forward.

Sadly the view from MSG is way better.

I sat in the 200's section it was extremely steep and our view was definitely obstructed when people leaned forward...I can't imagine that would be the case for basketball however since the court is much shorter.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
It is very steep.

And for hockey or basketball, if you are near the top, the bottom part of the ice/court is obstructed if someone is leaning forward.

Sadly the view from MSG is way better.

OMG, it's steep. What are we gonna do???

Lots of nitpicking from people on the whole BC thing. It was one game and like other arenas over time you find the section you like to sit in the best. But, but, but...

Let it play itself out for REAL over time and see what the reaction is from those that attend. For the NVMC crowd, they are never going to be happy for a zillion reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad