TSN: Charles Wang in talks to sell majority stake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
OMG OMG OMG

I never ever believed it would happen. I've said on here dozens of times he'll never sell if this happens I will gladly be wrong!!

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
This is a pretty big deal, I think I'm too tired to register this information. Wonder who is the prospective buyer. Probably Ratner&Yormark.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Just read this tweet! Later Brooklyn! Back to the Coliseum!

LOL

Don't get your hopes up.... contracts tend to be legally binding. My guess is majority ownership is transferred to the Barclays group, with Wang holding a minority share. Eventually he will sell off all ownership rights.

Edit: I've been saying this since the move to Brooklyn was announced. The only reason Wang had interest in the Islanders was for that land.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
So does this mean the protest worked? :sarcasm:

Hey, maybe the new owners will can Snow and the coaching staff. Imagine that? We'd deserve that. We'd definitely deserve that.

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
LOL

Don't get your hopes up.... contracts tend to be legally binding. My guess is majority ownership is transferred to the Barclays group, with Wang holding a minority share. Eventually he will sell off all ownership rights.

Edit: I've been saying this since the move to Brooklyn was announced. The only reason Wang had interest in the Islanders was for that land.

You're on the right track but the sale was already long agreed to as part of the Brooklyn move..

The team's already been sold. It's just a matter of the closing dates having been set in to the future.. as the days on the calender turns, they'll start putting more wheels in motion (official approval from the NHL BOG, etc) and start putting out information in to the media..

Frankly I find it frustrating that they're plodding along so slowly.. kinda seems as though it may some form of homage to the Coliseum, but more likely the Brooklyn folks understandably want everything officially timed with the move to Barclays..

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Only downside is if this deal is not complete before July 1st, which is probably won't be, we aren't signing any free agents.

But who cares really this is the greatest sports related news I've received in years.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
this is the best news I've heard since June 2009. Now I can sleep peacefully. Sweet dreams Isles fans!

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
You're on the right track but the sale was already long agreed to as part of the Brooklyn move..

That's what I said ;)

It's no coincidence that the Barclays group have taken more and more responsibilities from Wang. The paperwork is just a formality at this point.

The team's already been sold. It's just a matter of the closing dates having been set in to the future.. as the days on the calender turns, they'll start putting more wheels in motion (official approval from the NHL BOG, etc) and start putting out information in to the media..

Frankly I find it frustrating that they're plodding along so slowly.. kinda seems as though it may some form of homage to the Coliseum, but more likely the Brooklyn folks understandably want everything officially timed with the move to Barclays..

This is why I feel that Wang will continue to hold a minority share, until the move is completed.

OpAck

Feb 19, 2004
Wilmington, NC
SOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!

Probably the Brooklyn guys getting the majority piece with Wang keeping a very minority stake.

LaFontaine went back to work for the NHL right? Total shot in the dark and I would call this very unlikely, but what if he really left Buffalo because he was in talk to obtain a minority stake in the Isles?

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
That's what I said ;)

It's no coincidence that the Barclays group have taken more and more responsibilities from Wang. The paperwork is just a formality at this point.

It IS what you said! You're right!

Well let's just agree to agree - and thank Bob McKenzie for overshadowing Dreger's Drivel (tm) for the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad