Friedman: Charles Hudon moved to make room for Weise?

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
On HNIC Elliotte Friedman said that Charles Hudon was a late surprise healthy scratch for the Habs. Said it’s believed Montreal is trying to get recently acquired Dale Weise on the roster and moving Hudon might be their way to do it. Said Habs are looking for a mid round pick.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Could be a good cheap add for teams looking for some offensive depth.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If they could actually get a 4th for a guy that has 1 point in his last 16 games Bargainbin should jump on it.

Also - LOL '2nd liner' Hudon moved out to bring in AHLer Weise.

DomiTheBeast13

Dec 13, 2018
Too bad. All of Chaput, Deslauriers and Agostino have played worse in my mind.
I agree with Agostino and Chaput, but i like the play of Deslauriers, his physical play is something i like a lot. But Hudon should have a spot way before Chaput and Agostino, maybe even Peca..

Last edited:
Reactions: Vachon23 and Harpo

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I don't know how much Weiss has left, but I recall him being a pain to play against in his first go around with the Habs.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Same with Weise... he’s just more expensive

Except one player thinks they deserve a better opportunity and that their "talent" will carry them; resulting in average effort and even worse play.

The other, knows that they need to fight every game to prove they deserve to be in the show. He is going to play every shift like its his last, and the results while likely to be disappointing, will be due to a lack of that talent as opposed to a lack of effort.

Which player would you rather have? I'm taking Weise every day of the week; he will make our team better through inspiring the young guns and being a defensively responsible guy. I was a huge support for Hudon but the kid just can't put it together.

Reactions: tmac51

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Except one player thinks they deserve a better opportunity and that their "talent" will carry them; resulting in average effort and even worse play.

The other, knows that they need to fight every game to prove they deserve to be in the show. He is going to play every shift like its his last, and the results while likely to be disappointing, will be due to a lack of that talent as opposed to a lack of effort.

Which player would you rather have? I'm taking Weise every day of the week; he will make our team better through inspiring the young guns and being a defensively responsible guy. I was a huge support for Hudon but the kid just can't put it together.

Who tells you Hudon is so entitled? That's a suspicion at best.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Such a joke. Hudon is a great hockey player. He has been given no consistent time this year after a great year last year.

Reactions: livingod

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden

Weise certainly didn’t show that in Philly

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA

Not in the last two years, he hasn't

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
We all know Hudon is on the move. He's been a healthy scratch several times and there is just no room for him. When he is given the chance to play, he doesn't jump on the opportunities to prove his worth. His value is low and I don't believe any team will give away a pick.

If MB can package Hudon with a pick and another roster player like Lek or Byron to get a top 4D or talented forward as a rental or with a few years left, that will be fantastic. Obviously, losing Lek or Byron for a rental is something MB has said he will not do. Then again, he doesn't keep his word quite often.

I don't think Weise was acquired to move Hudon. Chaput and Agostino are simply not that good. The Habs' 4th line has no scoring touch. Weise loved Montreal and was once a gritty scoring forward. MB got rid of a blunder he made on Schlemko and is hoping Weise turns his game around. Another calculated risk like Domi and Tatar.

I see either one of Agostino or Chaput getting waived, maybe both. Nobody will claim them and they will go back to Laval. Weise is called up. Hudon plays on the 4th or sits as the 13th forward but again it is not an ideal situation. Probably this is what happens in the end.

He keeps trying to get rid of Alzner too but he simply can't find any takers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad