Chara will break the record for most Game 7s played Wednesday

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
This will be his 14th Game 7, which will surpass Patrick Roy and Scott Stevens' 13. Bergeron and Krejci are also getting up there with 12 and 11 respectively. The bold names include Bruins vs. Blues Game 7.

Zdeno Chara: 14
Patrick Roy: 13
Scott Stevens: 13
Glenn Anderson: 12
Nicklas Backstrom: 12
Patrice Bergeron: 12
Ken Daneyko: 12
Alex Ovechkin: 12
Stephane Yelle: 12
Dave Andreychuk: 11
Doug Gilmour: 11
David Krejci: 11
Al MacInnis: 11
Mark Recchi: 11

Info pieced together from this news article:

NHL.com Media Site

Backstrom/Ovechkin had not played Game 7 vs. the Hurricanes at the time.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The most Game 7s for the Blues (includes Bruins vs. Blues):

Gunnarsson: 5 (3-1)
Maroon: 5 (1-3)

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I think this kid could carve out a real future in this league.
Well Played sir, well played. As much as I dislike the Bruins, I have always had a soft spot for everyone who has played Major Junior & Junior A in British Columbia, (Chara, Buff, Price, Gallagher, Benn, etc...). Chara is the man who casts a shadow that the rest of the NHL play in.

Last edited:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Chara lost his first 5 game 7s. Has been 6-2 since.

Well, his first three game 7’s were as a member of the Senators who are 0-6 all time in game 7. Now he plays for a team that has a chance to win when they hit the ice in a game 7.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
On the other hand...

Justin Williams is NOT on this list, but...
...is 8-1 in Game 7s
...has 7 goals in Game 7s (tied for first, all-time)
...has 15 points in Game 7s (first, all-time)

So he tops or ties for first all these guys who are on the list despite not being on the list.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Chara's just on a mission this season. Would be cool to see him once again lift the Cup higher than anyone ever has.

On the other hand...

Justin Williams is NOT on this list, but...
...is 8-1 in Game 7s
...has 7 goals in Game 7s (tied for first, all-time)
...has 15 points in Game 7s (first, all-time)

So he tops or ties for first all these guys who are on the list despite not being on the list.

Wow, that's really neat!

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Well Played sir, well played. As much as I dislike the Bruins, I have always had a soft spot for everyone who has played Major Junior & Junior A in British Columbia, (Chara, Buff, Price, Gallagher, Benn, etc...). Chara is the man who casts a shadow that the rest of the NHL play in.

Both because of his height and legacy

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Massive respect to Chara. It’s unfortunate his teammate is Marchand, otherwise I’d be cheering for the Bruins. Blues are making it hard for me to cheer for them too though..
I get that, for sure. he's a dirty little bastard. But he's also such a good player, that if you had him on your team, you'd love what he does for your team, even if you have to hold your nose a little about it.

But come on, you can cheer for the Bruins, just for Chara!

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
An iconic photograph that personifies hockey could possibly happen Wednesday; Zdeno Chara hoisting the cup with his jaw wired shut and cannot scream or cheer due to it. It would sum up the level of pain and determination that these players on both teams put themselves through to win it.

Richard with the cut over his eye and humbling handshake from the Bruins. Chara hoisting and just staring out at the cameras or up into the sky.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
An iconic photograph that personifies hockey could possibly happen Wednesday; Zdeno Chara hoisting the cup with his jaw wired shut and cannot scream or cheer due to it. It would sum up the level of pain and determination that these players on both teams put themselves through to win it.
Nice jinx.

My Best-Carey

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Well, his first three game 7’s were as a member of the Senators who are 0-6 all time in game 7. Now he plays for a team that has a chance to win when they hit the ice in a game 7.

Why did I completely wipe out his Senators career from my memory?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad