Chara on the Decline

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmeehan1985

Jan 3, 2012
Chara was a huge in our Stanley Cup run in 2011. But I've played and watched a ton of hockey and it's not hard to notice that Chara is on the decline. With a 6.9 mil cap hit for the next 3 years why isn't it talked about possibly moving on from him. Bergy is ready to take over the Captain role and we could use that money else where. Why not see what offers you would get for Z.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Chara was a huge in our Stanley Cup run in 2011. But I've played and watched a ton of hockey and it's not hard to notice that Chara is on the decline. With a 6.9 mil cap hit for the next 3 years why isn't it talked about possibly moving on from him. Bergy is ready to take over the Captain role and we could use that money else where. Why not see what offers you would get for Z.

Oh ****, you have? Well I'm sold.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
He was just voted the 2nd best defenseman in hockey by people who also played and watched hockey, so...

Literally the only way he could be on the rise is if he wins the Norris next year. :laugh:

One of the best parts about these threads are the observations that he's "lost a step" - as if he ever had a step to lose.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
If anybody wants to debate his under par performance against the Habs, I'm all for it.

Otherwise, the rest is pure bull ****.
He continues to receive Norris votes. Eats minutes. Defense against the very best forwards the league has to offer. Plays in all zones. Will age catch up with him ? Of course.

He may drop to mid or lower tier number 1s in the league. So what?

But the logical person that knows something about the sport would sit back and think to himself here's why he played average against the Habs.

Loss of Seids.
Riding herd over the kiddie corp.
Broken finger.
Then a different finger sliced to the bone and stitched up.

Ahhhh......**** it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

this again:shakehead

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Ugh, don't worry about Chara. Put the worries towards upfront to scoring and speed. We need a legit top 6 scorer. Z will take care of the defense as always. Seidenberg will be back too, even stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad