ChaoticOrange @ AlongTheBoards (Don't you forget about me (Hall) up NOW!)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hello everyone!

I'm extremely happy and excited to be able to announce that I've been added on as an Oilers staff writer for the HF Partner site, Alongtheboards.com (I should hopefully be getting my lil green HFPartner addition soon). I'll be writing about all things Oilers (more frequently once the season gets going) but I plan to mix in some articles about the AHL, AJHL, WHL, local college and university hockey, as well as the AFJHL.

I don't pretend to have any major connections or anything like that, so I won't be pulling a SpeedyTurtle and breaking news or anything of such nature. I have a lifetime of passion for the Oilers and hockey in general, and worked in the hockey industry in an incredibly minor capacity for a number of years. I've never written about hockey in any kind of professional capacity, so be nice to the rook!

I think where I differ from a number of people that post partner material in here is the fact that I've been a heavy HF user for a number of years, and I've had some great conversations with a number of you, and those conversations are what pushed me into trying my hand at writing on a larger scale. I'd appreciate any feedback you guys would like to give me - just try to remember there's a real person on the other side of this account, and I appreciate being treated respectfully - I'll always do my best to treat you in the same fashion.

I don't want to clutter up the boards with assorted posts, so if the mods are okay with it, what I'll do is try to post my articles in this thread for you to check out. If conversations get too confusing, maybe we can work something out after.

Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to this! I hope you are too!

Part 1 of 3 on the Oilers future Cap outlook:

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/07/edmonton-oilers-can-keep-preciouses/

Part 2 of 3

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/07/can-edmonton-keep-preciouses-part-two/

Part 3 of 3

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/08/keeping-precious-es-part-3/

Don't you forget about me (Taylor Hall) featuring just a fantastic photoshop :laugh:

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/08/dont-forget-taylor-hall-story/

Last edited:

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Real happy for you :) I've already bookmarked the site, I too go to this site from time to time to look at their prospects reports.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Congrats man! I think you might be the only HF partner who won't immediately get hate as spam because of your existing cred here ;). I'll make sure to give your stuff a look over.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Thanks all :)

It's officially official, hence the thread restoral.

I have an article going through the editing process that should be up in a couple days.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Thanks all :)

It's officially official, hence the thread restoral.

I have an article going through the editing process that should be up in a couple days.

Officially official? Ugh, terrible word usage, better quit now :sarcasm:

Look forward to yar work!

Oct 30, 2011
We shall hold you to the highest standards.

If you could do a good, in-depth article on Sekera I'd be happy.

Last edited:

Lrrr

Omicron Persei 8
Apr 7, 2010
Edmonton
Don't always agree with your posts, but they are usually well thought out and not the general fluff you see in a lot of oilers blog posts. Look forward to reading some of your stuff.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
My first article should be up sometime tomorrow - part 1 of a three parter.

I'll post it in here and change the thread title when it's ready to go!

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Interesting topic. One that will get a lot of discussion over the next few years. I think what's clear is that at some point at least a few pieces of today's core will need to be moved in order to round out a competitive roster and to stay cap competitive. IMO, its still too early to determine who these pieces will be. Terrible coaching and terrible management has stunted the growth in many of our players making it impossible to tell what kinds of players we have. My guess is that next off season we start seeing some big cap pieces starting to get moved out and the team start building under a timeline that focuses on Macdavid other than Hall, Eberle and Nuge. To me, the biggest problem we have on our roster is that our high prospect defensemen are too far behind in development to compliment those three. That makes me think our core will drastically change in the next couple years.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
YOU'RE SAYING DARNELL NURSE IS AS GOOD AS BRENT SEABROOK?! AND YOU SAY YOU KNOW HOCKEY?!?!? DISGRACEFUL! :sarcasm:

I was actually surprised how accurate that post ELC comparable was for my gut on what Nurse, developing as we hope, should make. I agree with the McDavid salary.

I think your next entry will be far more interesting, especially for Yak and Klefa. There's pretty wide ranging opinions on them, especially Yak. (I still think he'll eventually supplant Ebs as our 1RW!)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Interesting topic. One that will get a lot of discussion over the next few years. I think what's clear is that at some point at least a few pieces of today's core will need to be moved in order to round out a competitive roster and to stay cap competitive. IMO, its still too early to determine who these pieces will be. Terrible coaching and terrible management has stunted the growth in many of our players making it impossible to tell what kinds of players we have. My guess is that next off season we start seeing some big cap pieces starting to get moved out and the team start building under a timeline that focuses on Macdavid other than Hall, Eberle and Nuge. To me, the biggest problem we have on our roster is that our high prospect defensemen are too far behind in development to compliment those three. That makes me think our core will drastically change in the next couple years.

YOU'RE SAYING DARNELL NURSE IS AS GOOD AS BRENT SEABROOK?! AND YOU SAY YOU KNOW HOCKEY?!?!? DISGRACEFUL! :sarcasm:

I was actually surprised how accurate that post ELC comparable was for my gut on what Nurse, developing as we hope, should make. I agree with the McDavid salary.

I think your next entry will be far more interesting, especially for Yak and Klefa. There's pretty wide ranging opinions on them, especially Yak. (I still think he'll eventually supplant Ebs as our 1RW!)

Thanks for the early feedback guys. At the end of Part 3 I take a look at potential long-term ramifications and who may be 'out'

Aerrol, I freely admit I had a difficult time picking Yak comparables (You'll NEVER believe these three WEIRD comparables for Nail Yakupov!).

Klefbom and Draisaitl were much easier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad