Change of system + Player Performance

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Scuderi and Adams need to be sent as far away from this team ad possible as they are a detriment on the ice. Scuderi calling out players for poor play last year while consistently being the worst defender on the ice was ridiculous. I'd rather demote them than be on the pens roster but I don't even want them taking roster spots from developing players in wbs that actually may have a future.

That sort of thing seems more like Orpik's bag.

I don't remember Scuderi doing that, but I might have missed something.

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
That sort of thing seems more like Orpik's bag.

I don't remember Scuderi doing that, but I might have missed something.

Orpik definitely did that but scuderi did t a few time last year too. I can't recall the exacts moments but he did call out the team for poor play. It wasn't a constant issue but nevertheless your worst player shouldn't be the one calling people out

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I remember the globetrotter comment from Scuderi, I think Steigy or Errey then eventually used it as a good thing...

I think Scuderi said the team was playing badly a few times, presumably including himself given what he's said recently and what he may have said then. Which does raise the issue of the team's worst players having that role and feeling comfortable doing it. I think Adams was big speaker in that team meeting they had, ffs.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I remember the globetrotter comment from Scuderi, I think Steigy or Errey then eventually used it as a good thing...

I think Scuderi said the team was playing badly a few times, presumably including himself given what he's said recently and what he may have said then. Which does raise the issue of the team's worst players having that role and feeling comfortable doing it. I think Adams was big speaker in that team meeting they had, ffs.

Scuderi was right on that occasion. I forget what the context was, but I remember thinking it before he said it. Letang might have had a brutal game where he spent more time behind the other team's net than in his position. Something like that.

Could be wrong, but I think this might have been prior to his game falling off a cliff as well.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Scuderi was right on that occasion. I forget what the context was, but I remember thinking it before he said it. Letang might have had a brutal game where he spent more time behind the other team's net than in his position. Something like that.

Could be wrong, but I think this might have been prior to his game falling off a cliff as well.

He made a comment about how the Penguins shouldn't be playing like the Harlem Globetrotters and throwing pucks up the center of the ice. You know, kind of like how this entire forum felt about our system last year.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Orpik definitely did that but scuderi did t a few time last year too. I can't recall the exacts moments but he did call out the team for poor play. It wasn't a constant issue but nevertheless your worst player shouldn't be the one calling people out

I don't begrudge Scuds for calling out Globetrotting tendencies that were hurting the team just because he was struggling post-injury, but that's just me. When Scuds sucked, it wasn't a product of trying to fancypants the opposition.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

it was after the west coast swing against Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton.

I think it was the Edmonton game, but it may have been Van.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
it was after the west coast swing against Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton.

I think it was the Edmonton game, but it may have been Van.

If it's Edmonton, then that's hilarious because Adams was the guy most guilty of nonchalanting in that game. Half-assed clears galore. There was even a brutal drop pass turnover from him at center red.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Was that the Edmonton game where Bylsma had the genius idea to send out Gladams + Orpik for an OT PK? Then I think Adams turned the puck over attempting to clear it and we lost.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Was that the Edmonton game where Bylsma had the genius idea to send out Gladams + Orpik for an OT PK? Then I think Adams turned the puck over attempting to clear it and we lost.

Was this also around the time Bylsma randomly decided to try Letang at wing? In the middle of the game with Letang looking like he had no idea what to do. So many more problems than Globetrotting, I wish we could have seen him complain about Bylsma. Shero's prized signing who letting go was his biggest regret (That's probably changed) vs his beloved moron of a coach.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

Why was this even an option. Oh. Yeah...

tumblr_n5uk79u5rN1txyx4lo1_500.png

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Can't wait to see Adams take it to the next level with a new coach! Guy was really held back in the Bylsma system. Wasn't even allowed out for the full 2 minute PK (the "Iron Kill").

Adam's only skill is to get hit by "things". Pucks, check. Punches, check. This would make him a great Wipeout contestant, but unfortunately this makes him a terrible hockey player. If you doubt that statement, please reference: his entire career.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I can maybe see Scuderi turning it around a bit. But Adams has no talent, the best you can hope for is that he doesn't hurt the team too much. I think we could see a nice improvement from Sutter, if we actually use him in the role we acquired him for (defensive center).

Sutter16

Aug 17, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Yeah I like Scuds. Seems like a good guy. He's a leader I guess. But if we can find someone to take him off our hands, you do it.

BreakfastatMarios

Feb 5, 2013
Pittsburgh
I think Letang is going to earn his salary and then some this year.

This is the change of Scenery several Penguins needed.

Personally would love for Scuds to overperform for about 20 games and see if we can work out a trade with someobdy, if we have all these talented young d need to play them to make the cap work right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad