Chance we trade for a Defenseman before Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BroadwayJay*

@BDGallof

Blackhawks have stood fast on high price for Leddy. But time running out for them. Must make move. Other NHL deals might wait on this #isles

https://twitter.com/BDGallof/status/518448894511161344

One thing now that as smoke clears is #isles know what they have & what missing. So could be hot time to see if prices go down for key need

https://twitter.com/BDGallof/status/518448594823954432

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday now24 seconds ago
#Isles are very close to acquiring CHI D Nick Leddy, according to sources. Have not heard what would go back to CHI yet.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Chicago is over by about 1.8m.

Trading Leddy puts them under but only by about 900k, so they need to be bringing up a person paid less than that to fill his spot.

If someone gets injured during the season they would be unable to call up anyone because they'd be over. They need to clear more space so they have maneuvering room. Stan Bowman is smart so he doesn't do dumb things.

One dumb thing is to judge a player on his body of work from a handful of preseason games.

I think that Matt Donovan would almost certainly be sent to Chicago in a trade for Nick Leddy. I also think we'd have to take back Kris Versteeg and I think we'd have to send over Philadelphia's 2nd.

That's my thinking right now, if we're even in the hunt. Hard to imagine the Islanders taking on salaries. Feels weird even typing it.

Donovan and PHI 2nd for Leddy and Versteeg? I'd do that, just have to dump Bailey somewhere.

BroadwayJay*

Donovan and PHI 2nd for Leddy and Versteeg? I'd do that, just have to dump Bailey somewhere.

Chicago gets a young puck mover on low salary who fits their system. They dump Versteeg.

Their players go East where they can't harm them.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Donovan for Leddy, awesome. Make it happen Garth. Isn't Chicago closer to Oklahoma?

BroadwayJay*

Breaking: #Isles have acquired D Johnny Boychuk from the Bruins for a 2015 2nd, a 2016 2nd and a conditional 2015 3rd round pick.

BroadwayJay*

Boychuk is a much bigger need and we didn't loose any players

Boychuk is outstanding. This is great.

CF% 55%, a +2.11 on the best CF team in the Eastern Conference.

That will probably be a +4 or more on the Isles.

This is good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia