Championship expectations

SiDC1

Dec 3, 2011
Northern Va
If we aren't a solid playoff team who wouldn't look out of place making a cup run in 3 years, 5 years into Murrays tenure, we will need to consider making a change.

It's shouldn't take longer than 5 years to be a contender for our division. Not with the assets and financial freedom Murray has.

This isn't about guarantees, it's about expectations.

Our expectations need to be high.
You can have high expectations but be prepared that they won't be met

Karate Johnson*

You can have high expectations but be prepared that they won't be met

I don't need to be prepared, Tim Murray does. He'll be the one out of a job.

Pegula does too. He'll be the one with the empty building and fan backlash.

The team is accountable to the fans.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I don't need to be prepared, Tim Murray does. He'll be the one out of a job.

Pegula does too. He'll be the one with the empty building and fan backlash.

The team is accountable to the fans.

:laugh:

If this team is really good and entertaining, yet never wins a Cup, the building won't be empty.

Murray will eventually be out of a job, though.

Karate Johnson*

:laugh:

If this team is really good and entertaining, yet never wins a Cup, the building won't be empty.

Murray will eventually be out of a job, though.

My post had nothing to do with a cup.

If, 5 years into Murrays tenure, we fail to make the playoffs, he should be gone.

5 years with the assets and money he has at his disposal should be plenty of time.

Those are my expectations.

I clearly stated on the last page that you can't put a timetable on a cup.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
My post had nothing to do with a cup.

If, 5 years into Murrays tenure, we fail to make the playoffs, he should be gone.

5 years with the assets and money he has at his disposal should be plenty of time.

Those are my expectations.

I clearly stated on the last page that you can't put a timetable on a cup.

You went to the building being empty.

If the Sabres have McDavid or Eichel, they will be entertaining and fans will come.

I wouldn't count last year and this year in the timeframe for Murray to get this team competitive. The last 1.5 seasons that he has been at the helm have been about tearing things down.

But, I really don't think getting to the playoffs by the 17-18 season will be a problem. If it is, then yeah, Murray's likely a goner.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Hate to say it, folks, but MattMartin is growing on me.

He wants us to get every first overall pick and win the Cup within 3 years as well. He hates us so much that he loves us. That's the perfect foil to the Buffalo fans who love the city's teams who either hate everything about them or overanalyze every move for its potentially disastrous consequences.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad