GWT: Champions League - Quarterfinals

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Laporte could have seen red there in my opinion. That arm was all the way around the neck. Instead Touchline Tommy gets sent off

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Let's all take a moment to be grateful that Bayern wasn't able to afford Haaland & so had to settle for Mane :laugh:

Nagelsmann would've been there for life if they had Erling this season instead of Sadio.

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think this is a good result for Arsenal, all things considered. City loses their winning streak but keeps having fixture congestion and perhaps something they care about more. Would have liked a defeat just to be a little more deflating, but oh well.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Inter vs Milan in a CL semi-final? Too good. Would have been awesome to see them both in the final but I can't complain about a City vs Madrid semi-final either, although I guess most will consider that being the real final.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Kahn throwing Choupo under the bus after the defeat.
"we tried hard to recruit a top 9 and couldn't make it happen. There was a very good 9 on the pitch tonight but he wasn't playing for us".

• Haha
Reactions: cgf

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I think this is a good result for Arsenal, all things considered. City loses their winning streak but keeps having fixture congestion and perhaps something they care about more. Would have liked a defeat just to be a little more deflating, but oh well.

I waffled between whether it would be better for us for them to have the congestion or to have the mental blow of getting knocked out. Never wish anyone any ill but it seems Ake picked up an injury in this game, which seems a fair tax for the ongoing success. At the end of the day it's been Saliba's injury during the Europa game against Sporting that's really hobbled us going forward. Hope he can be back by the winner-takes-all game next week

Reactions: bluesfan94

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
"we tried hard to recruit a top 9 and couldn't make it happen. There was a very good 9 on the pitch tonight but he wasn't playing for us".
Kahn kind of throwing himself under the bus

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
1681993342470.png

Not sure. if Jan really has insight, but it wouldn't surprise me.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

yikes

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Who knows what the internal dynamics really are. It's obvious though that neither Kahn nor Salihamidzic have full support from the entire organization.

Now it'd be great if another club like say one playing in black and yellow, would be able to get out of its own way and take advantage of the chaos at Bayern.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad