GWT: Champions League - MW4

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Celtic fans have good right to be miffed about the red card they received that really led to their downfall. Of course, it's kind of lost in the general VAR/red card madness of the past week.
Copenhagen as well... Man U gifted a penalty... VAR absolutely destroys football...
Incidental handballs a few times in tuesdays matches... no penalty.
update add:
Just finished the man u match ok they lost haha... so yeah, less from copenhagen.

But, the handball rule is such a joke that ( IM PRETTY SURE ) it was barcelona player that desperately just kicked the ball at a defenders arms in the box (which he did hit the arm) and the ref said get out of here.... I mean... even the players know they may get the call shows how bad it is.

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Conveniently ignoring the gift penalty Copenhagen got.
You mean the penalty that bounced off of not one but TWO man u defenders hands?
haha... thats funny.

But that is my point... handballs in the 4 or so matches I watched yesterday were largely ignored.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Saving the Arsenal Shunners for last... Surprised they shook hands for the coin toss :laugh:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You mean the penalty that bounced off of not one but TWO man u defenders hands?
haha... thats funny.

But that is my point... handballs in the 4 or so matches I watched yesterday were largely ignored.
Neither was worthy of a penalty for the reason you mentioned.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Neither was worthy of a penalty for the reason you mentioned.
I agree... well... Can't say I ever saw two arm / hand touches in basically the same play... so that is a tough one to say it didn't get in the way of a scoring chance.

The only time it should be a handball, in my opinion, is when it is a pass *or shot on goal hits hand* or going to lead to a shot on goal, if not a walk in goal. This whole thing of giving free shots from the spot when most of the handballs in the box aren't even blocking goals is weird. I don't get it.

I think everyone agrees it should not be this hard to police handballs, yet besides offsides and time wasting... they just can't seem to get those three things right.

To my watching knowledge, champions league has the best offside, why that isn't in the whole of the leagues is beyond me.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Because it costs clubs money to implement, but it shouldn't be a problem for the richest league in the world.
They cannot afford it? They are the richest league and some relegation clubs make more than CL clubs in smaller leagues.

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
The team that beat you?
Please continue to think it's going to be easy. Some HF posters did the same thing before the first game. I think at least them learnt their lesson. Not you.

Antony for 100M. And someone here said he was worth it and laughed at me for saying I wouldn't give up more than 40.
It'S different when you play in a Champs de patates away vs playing on the prestine Emirates pitch.

Will be an easy H win for Arsenal. I can bet you 1 croissant jambon-fromage!

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Exception that proves the rule. As long as the EPL has its massive linguistic & financial advantages, it doesn't need to deliver as good of a product to out grow other leagues.
This is some massive cope. “As good of a product”? Trying to distill PL popularity into being English speaking is hilarious. I love how you tossed in the financial advantages alongside linguistic advantage as if A) one follows the other, and B) they’re on equal footing to explain its global dominance.

It’s already delivering a much better product, VAR warts and all, than watching whatever German sharecroppers they trot out in the bottom 2/3 of that league. The PL dominant language could be Swahili and it would still be a tiers better product than the Bundesliga and most other European leagues. You realize broadcasts and sports reporting happen in many languages right? Maybe that’s not true for the Bundesliga, but that’s likely because so few people care about it beyond its borders.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00