GWT: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs. Atletico Madrid

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Holiday weekend and will be at the beach, but will most likely make my way from the beach to the bar for this one.

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Will be in London and will gladly miss it.
Agreed. Unless the US (including the women) or England is playing, there is no football match that I care about. I made a timer in case I feel like watching good football with the tv muted, but it's as important to me as the Madrid city championship.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Depends on the weather. I may watch it, but knowing that Madrid will win it feels like I'll be wasting my time.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Agreed

I would rather watch Monaco vs Reims

:laugh:
Not me !

But I never said I'd watch Monaco vs Reims gladly either !

Always the same teams here. An underachieving team who's the most expensive ever playing hardly nice football and another defensive one who overachieves thanks to that defensive system and rough tackle around the knee tactics.

Between the two, I'd rather see Atletico win, but that's because I'm tired of seeing the same old teams winning it every year.

If it's anyy consolation to you, I usually skip the CL final. Haven't watched a whole final since....2005.
I usually watch a piece of it and this time none of it.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'll watch, but I don't like either team. I would rather see Atletico win over Real though.

At least next year we will get to see Leicester City win the champions league. :sarcasm:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Will be in London and will gladly miss it.

You're on strike like rest of the country ? :)

Never understood why you wouldn't watch a final like this if you're into the game.

You might not be a fan of either team and the match itself probably won't be a great spectacle, but nevertheless anyone who skips games of this magnitude is most certainly less qualified to have an opinion on current level of football and players.

Don't like either Madrid teams and especially hate the Atletico style, but I can't understand if e.g somebody would voice their opinion on Zidane's career and at the same time confess never seeing his CL final performance.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Conversely to Evilo who hasn't watched one in full since 2005, this will be the first CL Final I've skipped with no intention of watching later since 2005. I have too much stuff to do tomorrow and the matchup doesn't inspire me to postpone any of those things.

Also, RM will win. Better athletes, which always makes the difference in super tight games where both teams try to prevent scoring until extra time.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Atletico are better than they were two years ago and Real are worse and more vulnerable defensively. I honestly struggle to imagine them scoring on Atletico from open play unless Atletico wears down significantly. Not having to waste an early sub on an injured Diego Costa should help their collective stamina as well. If Real are very cautious in midfield they could avoid succumbing to Atletico's pressing traps and counters, and try to wear them out by chasing the ball all game.

Anyway, I hope Atletico wins because they're actually quite good collectively and not a waste of talent like Real and I enjoy watching them when they're not crowding the referee, kicking opponents, or otherwise cheating. Plus, they've had a far tougher road to the final than Real, whom I personally consider less deserving of making it this far than Juve, Bayern, and Barca.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I believe I'm qualified because one game certainly doesn't weigh that much.
And who arr we talking about here ? Ronaldo ? Griezmann ?
Frankly given their huge exposure anyone is qualified to have an opinion on them.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And as I've said I watched parts of every other former finals.
Won't catch any of this one though.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
Evilo has already spent more time talking about the game than he would watching it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad