Prospect Info: Champions Hockey League

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He was behind a lot of talent in sweden, its good to see that kind of pick. With the skating its always a good gamble, I wish I scouted him more.

Yeah, I didn't really see much of him to have an opinion.

I like what I've seen so far this year. Certainly worth the gamble as it stands.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Strange how he doesn't seem to be 6'2', 200lbs. Either because of how he skates...or just because how agile he is.

He's the new management first WTF pick....and yet..so far....it's looking good.

Reactions: Sagikev

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I know you're a goalie guy and you'll roast me for it, but right handed catching goalies aren't worth the draft pick, or following.

Fun fact - I learned to play both ways cause I hated using a goalie stick when I was younger and had two different gloves/blocker sets from yard sales.

Haven't really played a full right set-up in over 10 years but probably should since I shoot right, too late to change back now.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Fun fact - I learned to play both ways cause I hated using a goalie stick when I was younger and had two different gloves/blocker sets from yard sales.

Haven't really played a full right set-up in over 10 years but probably should since I shoot right, too late to change back now.
I did learn to play with both hands, too.

However, last time I tried full right I ended up scooping the ball into my own net, so I stopped. It's hard to let that ridicule down

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Strange how he doesn't seem to be 6'2', 200lbs. Either because of how he skates...or just because how agile he is.

He's the new management first WTF pick....and yet..so far....it's looking good.
I'm guessing management or at least the analytics team saw value in Engstrom. I have created a model that identifies undervalued D prospects that are outside the consensus first round. Engstrom was one of two D this past draft (Jake Furlong was the other) who the model really liked. I would be surprised if a few NHL teams don't have models that liked Engstrom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad