Proposal: CGY-WPG: Hanifan for Schmidt + Montreals 2024 2nd, Winnipeg’s 2025 1st +

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Jets could use an upgrade on defense and getting rid of Schmidt’s contract which is $5.95M for one more season would give them cap flexibility to potentially resign Hanifan. What else would the Flames want?

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
so best D available for cap dump 2nd and a first not even in 2024. where does calgary sign up, might want to rethink this one...

Reactions: Linds

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
noah-hanifan.jpg

Reactions: Satan

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Jets could use an upgrade on defense and getting rid of Schmidt’s contract which is $5.95M for one more season would give them cap flexibility to potentially resign Hanifan. What else would the Flames want?
I think some other team will offer more under the expectation they can resign Hanifin.

I suspect most would agree here. Hanifin resigning in Peg seems far fetched as he's an American and most of the noise is he wants to return stateside.

And the cost to dump Schmidt I suspect is more than a 2nd rounder. But that's hard to ball park.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Yeah Jets can't sign him and I don't think they'd pay the price to get him given that. Also seems like they like Schmidt regardless of being overpaid and he'll just be bought out in the summer for cap flexibility.

To me Tanev makes more sense for them and it's odd that they never seems to come up as one of the suspected landing spots. Something like Lucius + Stanley + late pick seems like it would be a decent fit

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Yeah Jets can't sign him and I don't think they'd pay the price to get him given that. Also seems like they like Schmidt regardless of being overpaid and he'll just be bought out in the summer for cap flexibility.

To me Tanev makes more sense for them and it's odd that they never seems to come up as one of the suspected landing spots. Something like Lucius + Stanley + late pick seems like it would be a decent fit
Agreed. Tanev makes more sense. Jets could have a shot at re-signing and even as a rental that's not an overkill cost. Hanifin there doesn't make sense to me. It does on the ice for the rest of the season, but not at the asset cost for 3 months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad