Proposal: Cgy Trades

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I meant from Montreal’s point of view that it was good value.

Also, lol @ your two first and Romanov. I don’t even think a single player in the Flames organization is worth even remotely close to that.
Its actually not a bad offer for Guadreau

Reactions: abo9

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
8th overall, Romanov and 2021 unprotected first for two years of Gaudreau? Give me a break. It’s beyond terrible.

Gaudreau is a great player. If he played in Montreal people would put him right there with Crosby, Malkin, Kane, Ovechkin, Draisatl, Pastrnak, Bergeron, Kucherov. He’s just as productive as those players and arguably has less talent to play with.

the Flames have missed the playoffs twice with Gaudreau. Both times they were literally at the bottom In save %

You don’t like the price, fine. But the Flames actually need inventive to trade their superstar. As hard as that is to believe.

Last edited:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Gaudreau is a great player. If he played in Montreal people would put him right there with Crosby, Malkin, Kane, Ovechkin, Draisatl, Pastrnak, Bergeron, Kucherov. He’s just as productive as those players and arguably has less talent to play with.

the Flames have missed the playoffs twice with Gaudreau. Both times they were

You don’t like the price, fine. But the Flames actually need inventive to trade their superstar. As hard as that is to believe.

I already passed on 8th overall and Brook/Fleury because we have no need for the player - Why would you think adding another first and our very best prospect would make me change my mind.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
8th overall, Romanov and 2021 unprotected first for two years of Gaudreau? Give me a break. It’s beyond terrible.

I would not do it as MTL but Gaudreau is a top player, no way he gets traded for 8th OA +Fleury "only", and I believe it would be very doubtful that he gets traded without an extension.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Thread #29.

Bennett is still not an acceptable return for Anderson. For G-d's sake, we had our own guy drafted in the same round and same year as Bennett with similar or even better NHL productivity dumped at the deadline for a throwaway rental because he wasn't measuring up to our standards. This. Is. Not. Going. To. Happen. Cut it the f*** out already.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Thread #29.

Bennett is still not an acceptable return for Anderson. For G-d's sake, we had our own guy drafted in the same round and same year as Bennett with similar or even better NHL productivity dumped at the deadline for a throwaway rental because he wasn't measuring up to our standards. This. Is. Not. Going. To. Happen. Cut it the f*** out already.

did you forget there was a 10-15 overall in there?

no one is paying a Lundell/Zary/Jarvis/Mercer and Bennett for a broken Anderson

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I would not do it as MTL but Gaudreau is a top player, no way he gets traded for 8th OA +Fleury "only", and I believe it would be very doubtful that he gets traded without an extension.

Carter, in 2011, at 26 years old with 11 years left on his contract at 5.2M returned a good second line winger (Voracek - 22 years old), #8 overall and a third round pick.

Let’s say Voracek and Romanov are a wash. Both 8th overalls are a wash as well. An unprotected first and a third round pick isn’t even close in term of value.

Also, Carter was a 6’3, big body, two way center who constantly put up 65-85 points with 11 years left on his contract at a very reasonable cap hit.

Gaudreau is a 5’9 160 pounds winger with two years left on his deal and just came off a 58 points season. He’s probably worth a first, a young top 9 roster player with some untapped potential and another asset, either a B level prospect or a second round pick.

He’s not worth a top prospect, high first and unprotected first. Not even close

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

the Flames have missed the playoffs twice with Gaudreau. Both times they were literally at the bottom In save %

Montreal isn't going to consider yet another undersized forward unless they have other moves to line up. And they almost certainly aren't going to want to pay what Calgary would want for two years of Gaudreau in the middle of a retool.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

Hahaha next to Crosby...I laughed so hard.....wow

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Carter, in 2011, at 26 years old with 11 years left on his contract at 5.2M returned a good second line winger (Voracek - 22 years old), #8 overall and a third round pick.

Let’s say Voracek and Romanov are a wash. Both 8th overalls are a wash as well. An unprotected first and a third round pick isn’t even close in term of value.

Also, Carter was a 6’3, big body, two way center who constantly put up 65-85 points with 11 years left on his contract at a very reasonable cap hit.

Gaudreau is a 5’9 160 pounds winger with two years left on his deal and just came off a 58 points season. He’s probably worth a first, a young top 9 roster player with some untapped potential and another asset, either a B level prospect or a second round pick.

He’s not worth a top prospect, high first and unprotected first. Not even close

58 points incomplete season for Gaudreau + I mentioned I don't see a trade without an extension. If you consider Gaudreau extended, and your reasoning above, it makes sense: Voracek and Romanov are not a wash, Voracek was a former 7OA with three first convincing NHL season. As high as I am on Romanov, he still has n0 NHL experience. Hence I believe Voracek at the time > Romanov now.

IF extended and IF traded you can bet Gaudreau gets the one high first + one top prospect + one lesser prospect/ later 1st. IF you trade for Gaudreau as MTL and you think you still are going to pick 8OA in 2021, then the strategy is not too clear... ;)

Small precision : I still don't think MTL should trade for Gaudreau either way ^^

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
As a montreal fan, I take 2020 1st + Fleury for Gaudreau and run with it as fast as I can. Even if he doesn't resign, we can flip him at the deadline for a similar or best return easily.

What I would need to verify is if Gaudreau needs good players around him to produce like he does, because I don't follow Calgary much.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
hahaha that’s brutal value.

both are absolutely brutal.

try two firsts and Romanov

I like Johnny, but he’s coming to UFA in 2022. And he’s going to command a big cap dollar to be resigned by any team acquiring him. So there is zero chance a rebuilding team (that will be drafting from within the lottery for Johnny’s two seasons) will give up even one first for him. And certainly no team will trade a fabulous D prospect, during their rebuild, for Johnny.
If Johnny is traded it will be to a team that’s already competitive. And the return will be a decent roster player, a late first, and a good prospect (but definitely not one the team’s top three prospects)

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
58 points incomplete season for Gaudreau + I mentioned I don't see a trade without an extension. If you consider Gaudreau extended, and your reasoning above, it makes sense: Voracek and Romanov are not a wash, Voracek was a former 7OA with three first convincing NHL season. As high as I am on Romanov, he still has n0 NHL experience. Hence I believe Voracek at the time > Romanov now.

IF extended and IF traded you can bet Gaudreau gets the one high first + one top prospect + one lesser prospect/ later 1st. IF you trade for Gaudreau as MTL and you think you still are going to pick 8OA in 2021, then the strategy is not too clear... ;)

Small precision : I still don't think MTL should trade for Gaudreau either way ^^

Gaudreau can’t be extended this offseason. Only next offseason.

You're right - everybody stop any discussion on HFBoards once Baksfamous112 has spoken.

Great sir! About damn time someone understand the power that comes with the username Baksfamous112.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad