Proposal: CGY - TOR

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Fair trade. Our RHD is bad and we could use a pipeline guy that has room to grow. Would prefer Brown be traded than Kap being moved though.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
no from toronto. our rw depth would be terrible with kapanen traded and nylander possibly moving to center. also i'd rather get a top-4 dman now than someone with that potential

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
would rather look at Connor Brown from the leafs end. A little more proven, probably a little more trade value, Kapanen's speed is a real weapon when he's not the first guy on defenses' minds, so he should fit really well in the Leafs plans

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
No.....Kapanen needs to prove something before we trade our best defensive prospect for him. While I know that Andersson hasn't proven anything at the NHL level either, defencemen develop much differently in the early years. A cost controlled 2nd pairing d-man is also worth much more than a 2nd pairing winger.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
would rather look at Connor Brown from the leafs end. A little more proven, probably a little more trade value, Kapanen's speed is a real weapon when he's not the first guy on defenses' minds, so he should fit really well in the Leafs plans
Flames fans say no, so you respond with your own counter proposal of an even less valuable prospect? Never change Leafs fans...never change.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Flames fans say no, so you respond with your own counter proposal of an even less valuable prospect? Never change Leafs fans...never change.
remember 1 post ago when you complained about Kapanen not being proven enough? Sub in similar upside proven young NHL'er (not prospect).....and look what we have, more complaint

never change man, you're great

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
remember 1 post ago when you complained about Kapanen not being proven enough? Sub in similar upside proven young NHL'er (not prospect).....and look what we have, more complaint

never change man, you're great

Lol...I actually addressed those same concerns in my post...but sure....let me try it your way:

would rather look at the negotiating rights to Stajan from the Flames end. A little more proven, probably a little more trade value, Andersson is actually worth something and will fit in better with the Flames' plans.....

Did I do it right?

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Lol...I actually addressed those same concerns in my post...but sure....let me try it your way:

would rather look at the negotiating rights to Stajan from the Flames end. A little more proven, probably a little more trade value, Andersson is actually worth something and will fit in better with the Flames' plans.....

Did I do it right?
you did not, unsurprisingly. I'm not gonna waste time trying to pry off the homer glasses

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Connor Brown is actually a good piece. If Edmonton lands a top 4 RD I'd move our best RD prospect in Ethan Bear for him

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Connor Brown is actually a good piece. If Edmonton lands a top 4 RD I'd move our best RD prospect in Ethan Bear for him
Brown's a guy who would probably surprise people if he got top 6 usage and PP time, the Oilers would be a good landing spot for sure. We're not trying to get rid of him but I'd gamble on getting a replacement out of the system if we could find a good NHL ready RHD prospect

is Bear fairly offensive minded? We really need someone who plays a well rounded game, our defense is too high event, need to quiet it down a bit

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Brown's a guy who would probably surprise people if he got top 6 usage and PP time, the Oilers would be a good landing spot for sure. We're not trying to get rid of him but I'd gamble on getting a replacement out of the system if we could find a good NHL ready RHD prospect

is Bear fairly offensive minded? We really need someone who plays a well rounded game, our defense is too high event, need to quiet it down a bit

Ethan Bear is a highly touted prospect, he is a more offensive guy potential PP guy. We also have Caleb Jones and could add a pick

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I hate trading with the Leafs, we get bent over every single time. No thanks on principle.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Ethan Bear is a highly touted prospect, he is a more offensive guy potential PP guy. We also have Caleb Jones and could add a pick
value wise it could probably work out, but what we need is really specific to RHD that play a rounded game. Babcock rolls 4 forwards and Rielly/Gardiner monopolize the defensive PP time, Dermott/Zaitsev are capable and Liljegren is going to fit in there somewhere. Andersson fits the mold of what would help the Leafs roster if he turns out, that's the kind of guy that we'd probably make a move for

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad