GDT: CGY @ STL 6 pm MST, SNW

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
What's a good GAA look like though? They are by definition bad.
I've just wished they'd fire Jordan Sigalet for years now.

Looks like the top 10 are 2.42 and south of that. But our hurting defense in front of him isn't helping that's for sure. Wolf is sitting at 3.14 this year. Now they just scored one so it'll increase after this one.

But I know it doesn't represent his overall play. His save % is good. I do worry about the top half of the net which feels like it can get exploited more in the NHL than in the AHL.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
"I'm looking forward to the 3rd Rick."
thanks for that sparkling input Kelly ya beauty

:laugh:

I am just happy he's getting an opportunity. The NHL is a very competitive league, just because you're hot shit somewhere else doesn't mean much once you're between the pipes at this level. Goalies require a lot of patience. So many fans expect Ken Dryden right off the bat or something.

Agreed

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Looks like the top 10 are 2.42 and south of that. But our hurting defense in front of him isn't helping that's for sure. Wolf is sitting at 3.14 this year. Now they just scored one so it'll increase after this one.

But I know it doesn't represent his overall play. His save % is good. I do worry about the top half of the net which feels like it can get exploited more in the NHL than in the AHL.

See now there's a goal against you could wonder if he's a cpl inches taller if he would have.

Hockey gods want a Flames lottery win. That was still a nice play from Coronato. More players that can make a good move and then move the puck.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
If the Flames were in the playoff hunt, I would be unbelievably pissed off right now.

Instead I am smiling because of the hilarity of this game. It's much easier on the heart and mind when you don't care about winning. Without the stress I'm actually starting to grow more hair on my head! LOL

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
See now there's a goal against you could wonder if he's a cpl inches taller if he would have.

Hockey gods want a Flames lottery win. That was still a nice play from Coronato. More players that can make a good move and then move the puck.

That's been my concern all along. Lateral movement, butterfly ice and lower net coverage is excellent. Athleticism check. There's just a lot of net exposed above 2 feet or so. I think that's why goalies being huge is the trend.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
That short side high is always open no matter the goalie when they're in butterfly (which they always are).

Johnny ended the Dallas series shooting high short side. Kuzmenko literally scored the exact goal an hour ago, high short side when the goalie is in butterfly.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
That short side high is always open no matter the goalie when they're in butterfly (which they always are).

Johnny ended the Dallas series shooting high short side. Kuzmenko literally scored the exact goal an hour ago, high short side when the goalie is in butterfly.
Not to that extend if you are shorty. It's a fact.

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West

But I think it's hard to deny the more space there the more chance it doesn't glance off of a shoulder or arm padding over the net.

That all said I'm alllll about giving Wolf a long solid chance over several years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad