Proposal: Cgy-NYR

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Out of all the goalies on the market, I'd rather just retain a UFA than pay this price for a guy who isn't a proven starter. Just my stance on it.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Kylington is waiver and Seattle risk for NYR
2d + Ruzicka or Laf's running mate Zavgoradny, might work better

NyR dont really need to fix LHD immediately, Hajek and Reunanen behind Staal and Smith's expiring deals, for this season

( and KMiller, MRobertson. close in a year, then ZJones)

Does it even matter that Kylington is a Seattle risk? The offer here is a 2nd along with Kylington. If Kylington impresses, well then we'll be forced to make a decision on DeAngelo. If Kylington doesn't take a stride forward, then we got a second and Seattle might not even take him, and if they choose Kylington, at least we're not losing somebody else.

This isn't one of those offers where we spent a ton of assets for a player who needs to be protected. This is a trade where we ship out a goalie who probably wouldn't be on the team longer another year anyway, and we get back a 2nd along with a player.

Either way, I can't see Flames spending that much.

Last edited:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Does it even matter that Kylington is a Seattle risk? The offer here is a 2nd along with Kylington. If Kylington impresses, well then we'll be forced to make a decision on DeAngelo. If Kylington doesn't take a stride forward, then we got a second and Seattle might not even take him, and if they choose Kylington, at least we're not losing somebody else.

This isn't one of those offers where we spent a ton of assets for a player who needs to be protected. This is a trade where we ship out a goalie who probably wouldn't be on the team longer another year anyway, and we get back a 2nd along with a player.

Either way, I can't see Flames spending that much.
All true, thanks
I prefer a pre-waivers F prospect, NYR pipeline is thinner there

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
That's... fine?

I'm allowed to make my own comments, nor was I offensive towards the Rangers in this either. Just saying I'd prefer not to pay that level of price?

Yeah, that's fine. No one is insulting you, I'm accepting your counter that
you don't want to pay market for Geo
and we think someone will, and that's that about that.

I'm not indignant you don't want that price, and you are not rejecting my assessment.
And vice versa.

Please. There is enuf needless conflict in the world.
We good.

peace out
bern

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
To me, the Flames should just sign someone available. If it's not a better goalie, Talbot is fine.

Paying the price to gamble that Georgiev does better than Talbot is crazy to me.

Like at that point, rather just overpay a goalie short term to get them here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad