Proposal: Cgy-NYR

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
Oliver Kylington + 2nd for Georgiev ??

Not sure if the flames will be able to afford Talbot this offseason. Georgiev gives them a cheaper younger option to pair with Rittich next season. Rangers seem to lack some depth at Lhd. Kylington can still be a solid 4-5D imo, he skates and moves the puck well.
Thoughts ? Is the value close?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Overpayment for Georgiev IMO. Kylington has too much potential to give up. Swap him for a prospect like Ruzicka/Phillips and i would do it.

Reactions: SnipeNCelly

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Oliver Kylington + 2nd for Georgiev ??

Not sure if the flames will be able to afford Talbot this offseason. Georgiev gives them a cheaper younger option to pair with Rittich next season. Rangers seem to lack some depth at Lhd. Kylington can still be a solid 4-5D imo, he skates and moves the puck well.
Thoughts ? Is the value close?

solid offer
not clear if it is best one on the table

imagine NY gets a 2nd from somewhere and offers
that + Geo
for
DET 2nd = the best possible 2nd

that is what you prob have to shoot for

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Rangers have no need for this deal. They have a crap load of top defenseman prospects close or ready to make the NHL. If they do move Georgiev it will be in a deal for a second center. Nothing else.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
That's quite the overpayment for a young goalie that has what 37 games? Like I honestly would pay 1 or the other, not both.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Kylington too much potential? I remember you saying Mangiapane was going to be much better than suzuki. So idk what to say now

lol when did I say this? Also Mangiapane is pretty damn good... 90% sure he led the Flames in even strength goals this year. So that’s a weird flex.

Ledge And Dairy

Kylington too much potential? I remember you saying Mangiapane was going to be much better than suzuki. So idk what to say now
Not really sure how that holds relevance. Mangiapane has pretty well established himself as a high potential 2nd line player this season. Suzuki had a breakout playoffs. It is far to early to say that statement is wrong and the statement also has far to little relevance to make his opinions invalid.

Kylington does have a lot of potential, this was only his first full NHL season and he took huge strides.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
That's quite the overpayment for a young goalie that has what 37 games? Like I honestly would pay 1 or the other, not both.

hear ya, but market says otherwise.

multiple suitors for a young cheap G tutored by Allaire
multiple = competitive bids

consensus is 2nd +, + determined by pick slotting
look at post 3

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Just keep him then Bern, you need someone to protect in expansion anyways.

that makes no sense
we'll sell him to the highest bidder
CGY offer is welcome but not set in stone it must be there.

we can deal Geo and sign anybody who is an available schlub for close to min to address exp drft requirements at G

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Kylington is waiver and Seattle risk for NYR
2d + Ruzicka or Laf's running mate Zavgoradny, might work better

NyR dont really need to fix LHD immediately, Hajek and Reunanen behind Staal and Smith's expiring deals, for this season

( and KMiller, MRobertson. close in a year, then ZJones)

Last edited:
Reactions: bernmeister

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
The same 2C that Buffalo, Detroit, Florida, Columbus and about 6 other teams are looking for.

I was hoping to at least get one or two possible names to throw out there.
If he said Lindholm then I can somewhat get on board depending on the cap and who's going and who's staying but IMO I wouldn't put it past Gorton to put a lot on the table to move up in the draft and draft that next 2C. I don't think its a secret that's what they've been trying to do the last few drafts. Not that I'm complaining because we landed Kakko and Lafreniere but I have to think that the front office views this draft as the nail on the coffin of this rebuild/retool. If they can walk away with Lafreniere and someone like Lundell then... oh baby.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

NyR dont really need to fix LHD immediately, Hajek and Reunanen behind Staal and Smith's expiring deals, for this season

This post is as excellent as a Terry Kath guitar riff!

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I was hoping to at least get one or two possible names to throw out there.
If he said Lindholm then I can somewhat get on board depending on the cap and who's going and who's staying but IMO I wouldn't put it past Gorton to put a lot on the table to move up in the draft and draft that next 2C. I don't think its a secret that's what they've been trying to do the last few drafts. Not that I'm complaining because we landed Kakko and Lafreniere but I have to think that the front office views this draft as the nail on the coffin of this rebuild/retool. If they can walk away with Lafreniere and someone like Lundell then... oh baby.

I acknowledge we are a bit thin at pivot compared to ideal Cup contender levels.
However, we need to continue making improvements across the board as opportunity knocks.
Trying to force things, one way or another, is likely gonna cost.

Keep upgrading across the board.
Take picks and quality futures for our excess vets, give their mins to the core [e.g., Buch so that Krav, Kakko, Chytil, Gauthier get mins].
THAT is what we need to do,
and along w/consolidation, try to stop this constrant reshuffling/juggling of lines.
Familiarity = increased comfort = better results, prob improved chemistry.

Ledge And Dairy

This seems to make a lot more sense for both sides. Maybe not Zavgoradyn but Ruzicka could make sense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad