Proposal: CGY - MTL

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Habs at 5th right now... im picking the kid Ignila... i dont want to see another miss pick fiasco.. (kotkaniemi) cough...cough..

On a high note, at least you guys wouldn't be butchering the last name of a Flames legend.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
mmmm no. Matheson and Barron are fine NHL players but just more of what we already have.

Habs don't even own Calgary's 25 pick, you can't trade a pick you don't own yet.

Most Hab fans want Ignila now. He was overwhelming choice on Habs board other day.

Most Hab fans wanted Michkov too. Didn't really work out that way did it?
Fans don't have much bearing on who their team picks.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
mmmm no. Matheson and Barron are fine NHL players but just more of what we already have.

Habs don't even own Calgary's 25 pick, you can't trade a pick you don't own yet.

Most Hab fans wanted Michkov too. Didn't really work out that way did it?
Fans don't have much bearing on who their team picks.
Right now Ignila leading the mix for our fans. But subject to change. See how Eiserman does in U18

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
If Habs draft ahead of Flames willing to switch picks so Calgary gets Ignila? For a sweetener
I doubt it, they draft 7th as of now. Ignila should be there
Catton fallen out of favor somewhat. Due to bad playoff. Ignila seems to be Montreal target now.
Most Hab fans want Ignila now. He was overwhelming choice on Habs board other day.
Size may be an issue with Montreal taking Catton.

Would you trade your 2nd to be assured to get Ignila?
Right now Ignila leading the mix for our fans. But subject to change. See how Eiserman does in U18

lol :help:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'd laugh pretty hard if the Habs took Tij at 5th OA. He should be somewhere in the 10-15 range. I hope we take the best C available or a top pairing D. Catton would be ideal for me, but I doubt he's there for us. Lindstrom is interesting from a tools perspective. Tons of inconsistency though.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I saw this idea on another fan website and found it intriguing.

To MTL
Pelletier, Poirier, Morin, 2024 2nd

To Calgary
Dach, 2024 1st

Not sure about that poster's rationale and I'm not sure if I agree with it.

What does everyone else say?

pth2

Jan 7, 2018

To MTL

To Calgary
Dach, 2024 1st

The rationale is send French sounding names to Montreal.

I'm all for local kids, but really, Montreal isn't in a position to trade high end assets for multiple lesser ones.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
I'd laugh pretty hard if the Habs took Tij at 5th OA. He should be somewhere in the 10-15 range. I hope we take the best C available or a top pairing D. Catton would be ideal for me, but I doubt he's there for us. Lindstrom is interesting from a tools perspective. Tons of inconsistency though.
My fear is he falls to the Flames and even though they really need C or D, they go with the Iginla name to try and get fans in seats.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
My fear is he falls to the Flames and even though they really need C or D, they go with the Iginla name to try and get fans in seats.
Any reason for picking a player other than being Best Player Available is cause for concern.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Eh, BPA can be subjective based on what attributes scouts and GM's value.

After Celebrini, and then maybe Demidov, there's 9-12 players all ranked around the same level and Iginla's right in that group. So if you're deliberating between a potential top center versus a top pairing defenceman versus a top line winger, organizations needs are definitely going to come into play.

Regardless, we're getting to the point where Iginla's giving up strong 2016 Tkachuk vibes in that he's getting grossly underrated by a select few because of his last name.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Eh, BPA can be subjective based on what attributes scouts and GM's value.

After Celebrini, and then maybe Demidov, there's 9-12 players all ranked around the same level and Iginla's right in that group. So if you're deliberating between a potential top center versus a top pairing defenceman versus a top line winger, organizations needs are definitely going to come into play.

Regardless, we're getting to the point where Iginla's giving up strong 2016 Tkachuk vibes in that he's getting grossly underrated by a select few because of his last name.
Oh, I agree, and BPA can come down to what personality traits some scouts/GMs like or don't like, but when there is a non-hockey reason to pick someone, suddenly it's hard to be objective. Do you pick Tij because he had a great interview or because ownership let it known they'd really like him ?

It's like Louis Leblanc being picked by the Habs when the draft was in 2009. They took him roughly where he was projected to go... but you always wonder if PR was an issue.

Ledge And Dairy

That's about as clueless a take as I can recall on HF and that's saying something.
which is why I said in a nanosecond , id drive him myself , we could for sure get a top 50 pick tho just not top 10
No you won't. He's a complete liability at 5v5. His comparables are Barrie and Gostisbehere. Barrie was moved along with other assets for a clear upgrade (including a 1st), and Ghost returned a 3rd. It would take a true moron of a GM to give up anything of value for Matheson and his 19 5v5 points.

• Haha
Reactions: pth2

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Mine too. I think the last thing we need is a wing. C is the obvious, glaring, in your face need here. Taking him over Catton would be so Flamesy.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

To MTL

To Calgary
Dach, 2024 1st

Not a chance Habs would remotely consider this... Even with the 1st removed it's likely a no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad