Proposal: CGY-MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Also, we have a Domi for Hanifin trade thread already that's active on the same page, just with Gaudreau and Gallagher thrown in. Couldn't this just have been on that.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Hes a 2nd line shutdown C has been in the top 10 twice and i believe 11th and 13th(might be 14th here) if im correct. So thats more than one vote, he was top 5(4th) in 17/18(if im correct on the season). Guys ridiculously underrated here. Domi isnt better than him yet, hes only offensive minded and its only 20 points, you still need your defensive players during the playoffs.
Backlund is a good player, but Montreal already has Phillip Danault. Personally I wouldn't want both the lineup because they are very similar defence first players.

All of this really centers around Domi's contract demands. Without knowing his intentions, it's hard to say if he's on the trade block or part of the core. I think Hanifin would be a decent addition to play with Webber and allow the young LHD to grow into their roles without needing to play 20 mins a game.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Hes a 2nd line shutdown C has been in the top 10 twice and i believe 11th and 13th(might be 14th here) if im correct. So thats more than one vote, he was top 5(4th) in 17/18(if im correct on the season). Guys ridiculously underrated here. Domi isnt better than him yet, hes only offensive minded and its only 20 points, you still need your defensive players during the playoffs.

Then why has Calgary been actively shopping a 2C for years now?

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Backlund is a good player, but Montreal already has Phillip Danault. Personally I wouldn't want both the lineup because they are very similar defence first players.

All of this really centers around Domi's contract demands. Without knowing his intentions, it's hard to say if he's on the trade block or part of the core. I think Hanifin would be a decent addition to play with Webber and allow the young LHD to grow into their roles without needing to play 20 mins a game.

I agree. Backlund should not be in this deal as Calgary needs him to much and Mtl already have Danault in that mold. Hanifin could be of interest i agree but not at the cost of Domi. Overall value is not that bad but don't see it happening at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad