Oct 19, 2013
To MTL:
Noah Hanifin
Mikael Backlund

To CGY:
Max Domi
Joel Armia
2020 3rd

Calgary gets two big pieces for their top-9, Montreal adds a defensively responsible middle-6 C and a top-4 LHD

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Don't need another middle 6 center and don't want to move Armia but something could be worked out around Hanfiin and Domi

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Wow that’s a whole new level of awful for the Flames.

Backlund>Domi

so Hanifin for Armia and a third, barf.

why do I always see us trading our players for lesser pieces? Isn’t the point of a hockey board to completely overrate your own pieces and offer them for something completely unrealistic instead of selling low on skilled players on affordable long term contracts? Like we had an atrocious year and we were still way ahead of Montreal and yet I see us always offering our players for theirs. There is no where to go but up for the Flames after this year. Gaudreau, Monahan, Hanifin, Gio, Backlund all underperformed the majority of the year. And we were still firmly in the playoffs.

those players were clearly turning it around near he end of the season and we absolutely steam rolled the best teams in the league, Boston and St Louis. Like the Backlund Mang Tkachuk line has like 80% HD chances while being matched up against the perfection line in Boston. An Oiler fan said it correct, the Avalanche broke the Flames. It lasted a long time. But this team finally started to get over it and they were dummying teams again. Our fan base is the most negative and delusional in the league. Like we’ve been such a crap team for so long that we didn’t even believe we were good after winning the western conference. Despite the fact we’ve been an analytics darling for years and were routinely let down by goaltending early in the careers of Monahan and Gaudreau.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I much prefer Domi over Backlund and not really interested in trading Armia.

Hanifin for Drouin... How bout that?

We try for Hall, if that fails Domi plays #2 LW.

If your not interested in that, thanks for your time!

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Eh, I'd be ok with doing it, but I probably wouldn't think of it from a Montreal POV.

I like Backlund, but Montreal doesn't need him at all. He's also got that NTC, which makes it more likely Montreal would want to negotiate to trade to a 3rd team (which I don't expect would be that difficult).

Hanifin is the piece Montreal would really want. He's a good top-4 LHD, which Montreal needs, but I'm not sure he's so good that I'd get excited about Montreal acquiring him.

Armia may be difficult for Montreal to re-sign, but he's pretty hard to replace.

EDIT: The more I think about, the less I like it for Montreal. Montreal doesn't need Backlund, and while Hanifin might be nice, he's not good enough that the OP is preferable to finding other ways of fixing the LD that don't cost Domi and Armia.

Last edited:

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto

Backlund>Domi

why do I always see us trading our players for lesser pieces? Isn’t the point of a hockey board to completely overrate your own pieces and offer them for something completely unrealistic instead of selling low on skilled players on affordable long term contracts? Like we had an atrocious year and we were still way ahead of Montreal and yet I see us always offering our players for theirs. There is no where to go but up for the Flames after this year. Gaudreau, Monahan, Hanifin, Gio, Backlund all underperformed the majority of the year. And we were still firmly in the playoffs.

those players were clearly turning it around near he end of the season and we absolutely steam rolled the best teams in the league, Boston and St Louis. Like the Backlund Mang Tkachuk line has like 80% HD chances while being matched up against the perfection line in Boston. An Oiler fan said it correct, the Avalanche broke the Flames. It lasted a long time. But this team finally started to get over it and they were dummying teams again. Our fan base is the most negative and delusional in the league. Like we’ve been such a crap team for so long that we didn’t even believe we were good after winning the western conference. Despite the fact we’ve been an analytics darling for years and were routinely let down by goaltending early in the careers of Monahan and Gaudreau.

Hahaha ha

Domi>>>>> Backlund are you serious?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
To MTL:
Noah Hanifin
Mikael Backlund

To CGY:
Max Domi
Joel Armia
2020 3rd

Calgary gets two big pieces for their top-9, Montreal adds a defensively responsible middle-6 C and a top-4 LHD

This is really bad for Montreal. No interest whatsoever in both Backlund and Hanifin. I’d rather keep Domi and Armia

Don't need another middle 6 center and don't want to move Armia but something could be worked out around Hanfiin and Domi

No. Hanifin is an OK top 4 with a lack of defensive awareness. He’s still riding his reputation among fans from his first two seasons but he hasn’t really progressed ever since

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

Backlund>Domi

great we agree. because it's awful for habs too. they don't need a 31 year old, 3C and hannifin is not worth Domi who at worst is a 50 pt C at 25 and armia who's come into his own and will be a 20 goal winger with the size habs desperately need ..thread /

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
What's Domi defense like? Yeah no where close to Backlund, come back when Domi finishes in the top 10 for Selke.

Dude cracked 50 points once in his career and he’s now 31. He was top 10 selke (which is probably one or two votes max) once. Nothing to write home about

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
What's Domi defense like? Yeah no where close to Backlund, come back when Domi finishes in the top 10 for Selke.

Lol, Backlund is like an older, lesser Danault.
Domi brings grit, speed, he's younger, better, more potential (already hit 72 once), etc, etc.

Like someone said before, we're not interested in another 2nd/3rd line center, and we don't want to trade Arnia. Let's talk about Hanifin for Domi.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto

Yeah come back when he ages 7 years back to the age of 25 and gets an extra 50 points at that age since Backlund had a career high 25 points at Domi's age. Thank you.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Backlund is Calgary's backbone. Team is in the cellar without him holding down defensive duties. I like Domi a lot, but not for Backs.

Nipsey

Aug 8, 2018
Awful. Hanifin is garbage and we have no need for a 31 year old middle six center.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
It's not a pissing match guys. Comparing Backlund to Domi is not worth anything.

Anyways. From Montreal's perspective I'd do it. I'd prefer just straight up Domi for Hanifin but the other pieces would work.

Calgary can't really afford though to give up Hanifan, at least not until Kylington or Valimaki take over and yeah, that won't be before the start of the season. I'd do the trade though.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Dude cracked 50 points once in his career and he’s now 31. He was top 10 selke (which is probably one or two votes max) once. Nothing to write home about

Hes a 2nd line shutdown C has been in the top 10 twice and i believe 11th and 13th(might be 14th here) if im correct. So thats more than one vote, he was top 5(4th) in 17/18(if im correct on the season). Guys ridiculously underrated here. Domi isnt better than him yet, hes only offensive minded and its only 20 points, you still need your defensive players during the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad