Claimed off Waivers: [CGY] Flames claim F AJ Greer off waivers from the Bruins

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Happy for him! AJ Greer always seemed like he has a little bit of skill, just need his skating to be improved to an acceptable level.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
He'll defend teammates immediately. He won't win the fight, but he'll literally put his ass on the line. His face too. He's a good dude. He might score an occasional goal here or there, forecheck a bit. Nothing spectacular. But he has heart. He's a good dude. He's not bad for your depth. The Bruins just had a couple of kids that made him redundant and there's no room for him.

I wish him well.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
means we aren't maximizing LTIR then unless Rooney is not being placed on LTIR
Flames have announced their 22 man roster. Kylington is on LTIR, Rooney on IR, and Pelts on SOIR.

13F - Huberdeau, Lindholm, Dube, Sharangovich, Kadri, Coronato, Mangiapane, Backlund, Coleman, Hunt, Ruzicka, Duehr, Greer

7D - Hanifin, Andersson, Zadorov, Weegar, Oesterle, Tanev, Gilbert

2G - Markstrom, Valdar

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Maybe the Flames coaching staff can convince him that McDavid and Draisaitl are the guys that can get him table service at the upscale restaurants and clubs in Alberta.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Waiver prices are based on the player's position (skater vs goalie) and their years of pro experience.

It's essentially a compensation for the original team "developing" the player.
Young, inexperienced players cost more.
A long experienced vet costs less - the idea essentially being, they've had a lot more time to develop, so if they're being waived still, they have less "value"
And I think they have to answer a skill testing question (unless the claim is from the province of Quebec).

• Haha
Reactions: uncleben

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Sounds like something in between a Lomberg and Hathaway. I'm happy with that.

Flames drafted skilled big for the last little bit, but all of a sudden they went from Tkachuk, Lucic, Gudbranson, Zadorov, Stone plus other dudes of this ilk in prior seasons as sandpaper dudes to Zadorov and Greer.

Reactions: Laus723

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He was solid in his debut with Calgary last night. 4th line consisted of Walker Duehr, Adam Ruzicka and AJ Greer. The line was one the ice for McKenzie Weegar's goal, Greer set a nice screen on the point shot.

Him, Duehr and Zadorov set the physical pace for Calgary last night for sure. They spent a lot of time on the ice together and I think the Jets felt it.

algernon

Mar 19, 2006
Calgary
He was a perfect 13th forward... Bruins just have other players that need to be on the roster, and Greer, while solid, was completely expendable.

Like you said, he doesnt play special teams, and and while he played relatively tough, he wasn't a great fighter, so his role has been surpassed.

Solid add for a team that needs this spot filled.

Is he good for 20 points?

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Is he good for 20 points?

It depends on where he plays, linemates and time on ice.

I'd be very surprised to see him get 20 points. He has 20 pts in 110 career games. If he plays regular on a 4th line with about 10 min a night, he will likely approach 15 points for the season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad