Confirmed Trade: [CGY/EDM] James Neal for Milan Lucic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
big steal by the Oilers. Neal had 1 bad season in CGY. He averaged roughly 23 goals per season until he got to Calgary and for some reason the wheels fell off.

I do think he rebounds and hits 25 min but maybe 30 and that trade will look atrocious for the Flames

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
it has to be either JP and Lucic for Neal or Lucic at between 20 to 35% retained

if it is one for one with no cap retention--

I would be at a lost for words

1 for 1 makes no sense.

I get there's the change of scenery prospect, but Calgary gives up so much flexibility in the deal, that they should be compensated in some way.

They must really think Lucic can still play.

What's that saying in NHL when you offer an AI GM a really lopsided trade in their favor? "Our fans are going to be dancing in the street when they hear about this one!".

Makes no sense for Calgary.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
So will Lucic waive his NMC for the future(I am looking at the expansion draft)

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
If there's any question how hard it is to free up cap space right now, in terms of keeping the price reasonable, this pretty much proves it.

Trade for Lucic to free up cap space. Phrase i never thought anyone would say.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Stupid trade. All I can hope now is that Lucic magically bounds back or his intangibles are as good as Oilers fans said. Or he is traded to Vancouver. Hard to find any positives at the moment

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Could the Oilers just be planning to buy out Neal?

8 years is kind of long, but a hair under $2M a season gives Holland some flexibility to add something worthwhile to the team (like Riley Sheahan and Kyle Quincey :laugh:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad