Waived: [CGY] D Jordan Oesterle waived by the Flames (cleared)

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
My point is the suggested "shake up" involved waivers... So you expecting more than Oesterle or Vladar was completely nonsensical. Also you're taking the words of an insider as gospel...
I'm not an insider so yeah, I do tend to apply some weight to what they say.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Edmonton Oilers legend!

Can’t believe he’s played 353 NHL games.

Is it still 400 games to be part of the NHLPA pension plan? If so, it sucks for him that he probably won’t make it.

After he left the Oilers, I didn’t think he would even come close to that many NHL games played. Brad Hunt is another one of those guys.
My understanding is pensions are based on games on the roster, not games played. He’s been paying into the pension plan this whole time. So he will get a pension no matter what, he just might not get a full pension. 10 years on a roster for a full pension, and it will be a reduced amount for less than that. Oesterle has got to be around 7 on NHL rosters so he’ll get pretty close to a full pension I imagine. Which a quick google tells me is $255k per year once they turn 62. So he’ll be clearing a good amount.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
If they can’t beat out Oesterle in training camp, then they probably aren’t even worth the given shot.

Oesterle will always be a journeyman. He has had some few bright spots,and will make a nice play here and there, but more often then not, you can see why he’s never more than a 3rd pairing guy.
A couple pre season games don’t really show much. I see no harm in at least giving them a shot. Wouldn’t be the first players to randomly improve once they get an NHL chance.

Oesterle has never had a bad game any time I’ve seen him.

Reactions: 13to40

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
He’s surprisingly not even the worst #6 signing we’ve made in recent history

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad