Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] D Hunter Brzustewicz signs ELC with the Flames (3 years, $950k AAV; begins 2024-25)

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Thank goodness. I was starting to wonder why this wasn't done yet. He's the only prospect we got with all the deals I'm really excited about.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
So can he play in AHL this year? not saying it is likely, but does his contract allow it?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
So can he play in AHL this year? not saying it is likely, but does his contract allow it?
The contract has nothing to do with it. For players drafted out of the CHL, age and number of years determine when they can play in the AHL.

Brzustewicz turns 20 in November, so he is eligible to play in the AHL next year. If he was turning 20 on Jan 1st or later, then he would have to either play in the NHL or the CHL.

Players who have played 4 years in the CHL can play in the AHL regardless of their age, but he has only played 2.

According to CapFriendly, the contract starts next year. He can play in the AHL this year on a tryout once his CHL season ends.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Once his CHL team is eliminated. But due to his late birthday he can play in the AHL next season i his D+2 season.

Reactions: Kahvi

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Wow can't believe the Flames were able to sign the Adam Fox of the OHL that plays D like Tanev
I'm the only one who has said he plays D like Tanev and I also said I don't think the offense will translate. I think we're talking a 30-40 point guy who will eventually be an excellent defender.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Happy he is signed and the media created drama about it can go away.
I mean he basically admitted he wasn't going to sign in Vancouver, so I'm not sure it was unfounded, but it was abut a path to the NHL in his case, not location.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4