Proposal: Cgy complete shake up

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Minny
Adds a young 1B 2A Center (koivu isn't getting any younger a nice young nhl ready dman in Kylington and a change of scenery for Jankowski and Calgary gets a top 4 RD who plays tough and will take a little pressure off Gio in his later years and Kunin who looks to be a solid mid 6 20-20 type player and a nice depth heart and soul type guy in Hartman

well Mikko is probably retiring and you took our only right hand forwards.

I do think there could be a deal with Monahan though.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Minny
Adds a young 1B 2A Center (koivu isn't getting any younger a nice young nhl ready dman in Kylington and a change of scenery for Jankowski and Calgary gets a top 4 RD who plays tough and will take a little pressure off Gio in his later years and Kunin who looks to be a solid mid 6 20-20 type player and a nice depth heart and soul type guy in Hartman

well Mikko is probably retiring and you took our only right hand forwards.

I do think there could be a deal with Monahan though.

I said it earlier in the thread, but take out Kunin and Kylington and it works for me. Maybe MIN gets a 5th and CGY gets a 3rd if they still need more value.

Big guns

Jan 24, 2019
The only thing worse than this trade proposal here is your hot take. Reinhart is a middle 6 but you need a massive overpay for Sam Bennett.

With that logic why would the Sabres trade reinhart for anything less than a massive overpay?

Because Bennett has multiple excellent playoffs, brings a physical style and is 23 and a center. He has also been lauded by management for his play in the playoffs. Reinhart is older and soft as butter, not particularly fast, and certainly isnt lauded around the league for his intangibles, not something calgary management is after especially since Dube and Mangianpane are trending toward top six not middle on the wings.
The deal makes zero sense for Calgary.

someone please explain to me how everyone wants Bennett for what he is shaping up to be but figure some ahl tweener and 3rd round pick is going to get it done?

SB716

Jun 1, 2015
I’m not advocating for the trade to be made.

Bennett’s multiple excellent play offs include 3 goals in 11 games, 2 goals while getting swept, 1goal while getting kicked in 5, and this year leading his team in PO scoring while the star players all but disappeared.

Reinhart is a whole 8 months older than Bennett. Isn’t as soft as the people who don’t watch him think he is. The guy gets gritty in the corners and up until this year when they started moving him all over for PP, was a mainstay in the crease fighting for position. Super soft, got it.

I don’t hate Bennett and I do like what he brings physically especially during the playoffs, but stop acting like he’s Messier out there. He isn’t untouchable and surely wouldn’t only be moved for a massive overpayment.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Big guns

Jan 24, 2019

Bennett’s multiple excellent play offs include 3 goals in 11 games, 2 goals while getting swept, 1goal while getting kicked in 5, and this year leading his team in PO scoring while the star players all but disappeared.

Reinhart is a whole 8 months older than Bennett. Isn’t as soft as the people who don’t watch him think he is. The guy gets gritty in the corners and up until this year when they started moving him all over for PP, was a mainstay in the crease fighting for position. Super soft, got it.

I don’t hate Bennett and I do like what he brings physically especially during the playoffs, but stop acting like he’s Messier out there. He isn’t untouchable and surely wouldn’t only be moved for a massive overpayment.

so its bennetts fault the top line didnt show up? He has 19 points in 30 playoff games. love cherry picked stats.

Nor did I claim he is Messier, what I said is management has gone out of their way to praise his playoff performance because most of the rest of the team didn show up so the likelyhood of them trading their proven playoff performer are slim to nill unless its an overpayment. He, Unlike Reinhart, has mostly played with slugs.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Flames didn't make it past the first round, so let's trade the three leading scorers for the Flames from the playoffs. That will make the team better!

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

I would rather trade for Bennett than Gaudreau. All Montreal fans say Gaudreau but what I seen in playoffs Bennett better player. With cheaper contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad