Proposal: CGY-BUF

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Both teams in desperate need of a shakeup.

Monahan Bennett and a 3rd for Reinhart Staal and Middlestat. 3rd becomes 2nd if flames make 2nd round of playoffs.

Tkachuk-Lindholm-Mangiapane
Gaudreau-Staal/Backlund-Reinhart
Dube-Staal/Backlund-Lucic
Middlestat-Ryan-Ritchie

Middlestat can also get a shot at C with Ryan moving to the wing. Wouldn’t be opposed to giving Middlestat a chance with our skilled wingers, especially Chucky. Middlestat and younger Chucky were really good together at WJC’s a few years ago it would be worth a shot

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010

Monahan Bennett and a 3rd for Reinhart Staal and Middlestat. 3rd becomes 2nd if flames make 2nd round of playoffs.

Middlestat-Ryan-Ritchie

Middlestat can also get a shot at C with Ryan moving to the wing. Wouldn’t be opposed to giving Middlestat a chance with our skilled wingers, especially Chucky. Middlestat and younger Chucky were really good together at WJC’s a few years ago it would be worth a shot
Buffalo says no.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Would Calgary fans consider:

Reinhart + Montour

For

Hanifin + Zary OR Pelettier?

Posted on the Sabres forum recently. I don't believe most Flames fans would make this deal but interested to know thoughts.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Would Calgary fans consider:

Reinhart + Montour

For

Hanifin + Zary OR Pelettier?

Posted on the Sabres forum recently. I don't believe most Flames fans would make this deal but interested to know thoughts.

Nope, only because it would **** up our ED picks. Montour probably doesn’t re-sign here.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Why would Buffalo do this?

Makes no sense.

Because it's not getting much? Start with understanding Staal is a third or fourth a deadline on his own. Mittelstadt us better than Bennett with more years controlled with more potential for growth. You get one extra year of Monahan for Reinhart who is the way better player right now.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Because it's not getting much? Start with understanding Staal is a third or fourth a deadline on his own. Mittelstadt us better than Bennett with more years controlled with more potential for growth. You get one extra year of Monahan for Reinhart who is the way better player right now.
That is your assessment of the players.

I still don't see why Buffalo would do this. This is moving around the deck chairs and little ese.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Middlestat-Ryan-Ritchie

absolutely not

Reinhart is worth more than Monahann
Mittlestadt is worth more than Bennett

add in Stall ...

If Buffalo is trading Reinhart it be around getting a D and an ED e empty winger.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
how would it f*** up your picks?

Who would Reinhart force out in terms of protection?

Expansion Draft is normally your forte. :laugh:

It makes sense. If they already have seven forwards they intend on protecting, adding another in Reinhart might be problematic.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

Middlestat-Ryan-Ritchie

Ik the reception to your proposal hasn't been great but I dont think you're terribly off the mark.
I'd like to preface by saying I don't want to trade Sam so I'm just doing this to play along with your proposal:

Sam for Monahan is almost equal I'd expect the 3rd in your trade going to Buffalo
Staal should return a 2nd and Mitts the same but is worth more for Buffalo to hang onto for now. But I want Bennett.

Sam, Staal, Mitts
Monahan, Bennett,1st,3rd shouldnt be that off base for a realistic trade.

Without doing the math and really looking into it the only thing I can think of that complicates it from a Sabres standpoint is the expansion draft and if they can protect Bennett. If they can't this idea goes to hell.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I didn't realize Reinhart woke up and became a star.

He's probably not a star, but he's super underrated and I'd take him over Monahan 10 times out of 10 for Buffalo. The Bennett for Mittelstadt swap just piles on to the bad and makes it worse. Mitts's physical development is finally starting to catch up to his talent this year, and it's showing.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
This doesn't make sense for either club. Trim it down to Backlund + Bennett for Reinhart + Staal. Then add the high end futures required to acquire Reinhart.
Backlund>>Staal
Reinhart for Bennett, Pelletier/Zary + 1st?
Basically are 1st, one of our top prospects, 2nd/3rd value for Bennett and the big difference between Backlund + Staal for Reinhart.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Ok fair I didn't realize how highly Reinhart was valued now. I swear last year when this deal was proposed people thought it was even/ favoured Buffalo. Maybe Monahan+2nd for Reinhart+Middlestat?

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Ik the reception to your proposal hasn't been great but I dont think you're terribly off the mark.
I'd like to preface by saying I don't want to trade Sam so I'm just doing this to play along with your proposal:

Sam for Monahan is almost equal I'd expect the 3rd in your trade going to Buffalo
Staal should return a 2nd and Mitts the same but is worth more for Buffalo to hang onto for now. But I want Bennett.

Sam, Staal, Mitts
Monahan, Bennett,1st,3rd shouldnt be that off base for a realistic trade.

Without doing the math and really looking into it the only thing I can think of that complicates it from a Sabres standpoint is the expansion draft and if they can protect Bennett. If they can't this idea goes to hell.

Fair, we couldn't trade our first this year cause it very well could be a top-10 pick but would u do Monahan+2nd for Reinhart+Middlestat

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Mittlestadt is the last Sabre I want on this team. Especially in a swap for Bennett.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He's probably not a star, but he's super underrated and I'd take him over Monahan 10 times out of 10 for Buffalo. The Bennett for Mittelstadt swap just piles on to the bad and makes it worse. Mitts's physical development is finally starting to catch up to his talent this year, and it's showing.

You may but in reality, there is really not much difference between Reinhart and Monahan

neither has capability to help their current club and have similar production

Note, I am not saying Buffalo should do the deal. Just value

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad