Confirmed with Link: [CGY/ARI] Coyotes trade Troy Stecher & Nick Ritchie for Brett Ritchie & Connor Mackey

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Before proration but after SB, the Calgary duo was set to earn 1.5 in cash. The AZ duo 4.55. So even with proration, AZ saved some real cash, here.

I guess Mackey and the money was the motivation?

That and getting worse so they get better lottery odds? Stecher was playing really well for the Yotes. And was very popular in the room. So maybe this is just a way to hobble the teams chances? Save a little scratch and get a long-shot career resurrection candidate in Mackey?

So, we’ve got Moser, Valimaki, Nemeth, Brown, Kesselring, Mackey, Soderstrom and Kolyachonok as our top 8?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I wouldn’t be surprised if part of the free agency proposal is to move out guys at the deadline.

Reactions: ck26

rt

May 13, 2004
I wouldn’t be surprised if part of the free agency proposal is to move out guys at the deadline.
Such a good point. They may have promised Stecher in the summer they’d try anything they reasonably could to get him out at the TDL.

Lol if he does take the 12
Just wait until we draft Cal Ritchie with that Ottawa pick.

No word of a lie; my VERY first thought when I saw the T5P ‘23 OTT 1st in the Chychrun return was “Nice! That could be Cal Ritchie!” Then I looked at the next two picks. And looked again. And again. And thought “hmmm…”

Reactions: Summer Rose

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Weird that we got no picks. Does this move really just save some salary? This Ritchie is also a UFA in the summer and Mackey an RFA that I doubt they qualify. So is this just a nothing trade?

rt

May 13, 2004
Weird that we got no picks. Does this move really just save some salary? This Ritchie is also a UFA in the summer and Mackey an RFA that I doubt they qualify. So is this just a nothing trade?
They might like Mackey somewhat and want to give him an audition.

They might have told Stecher and Ritchie they’d do what they could to move them.

They might have seen a way to save a million bucks real quick that they could bank for summer dump season.

Might be all three.

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
“ChEaP pOvErTy CoYoTeS sAvInG mOnEy bY nOt HaViNg To ChAnGe JeRSey NaMeS nOw!!!”
Treliving: We will take Stecher AND Ritchie.
Armstrong: Alright, the problem is the merch store just got a box of Ritchie jerseys that were on back order.
Treliving: Alright, I got an idea.

It does save 781k(edit) though if Mackeys signing bonus has already been paid and I did the math right.

Last edited:

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
They might like Mackey somewhat and want to give him an audition.

They might have told Stecher and Ritchie they’d do what they could to move them.

They might have seen a way to save a million bucks real quick that they could bank for summer dump season.

Might be all three.
Or they like the brother more.

Happens to the girls i try to make a move on all the time. ;)

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I was quick to discredit Stecher early in the season and was calling him Stencher. Saw a few interviews and converted into a fan because of his dedication and seeing he treasures the opportunity he's earned. Wish him well.
I do as well. Most hockey players are so down to earth.

Reactions: PainForShane

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I don't understand this trade. What benefit is there to either Calgary or AZ in this trade enough to make it worth all the work of a trade?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I don't understand this trade. What benefit is there to either Calgary or AZ in this trade enough to make it worth all the work of a trade?
I think cgy just trying to anything to change the vibe in the room. The GM in Cgy is limited because his coach (who he should hire) has more term on his contract than he does. He can’t do anything because he’s working in the last year of his deal and may bot get a new contract. treliving may be the heir to Hextall then.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Try using underarm deodorant ;)
Made my day. :D
I will try using that "deodorant" you talked about. Maybe that works ^^

But seriousIy, i think he is just more charming. Even though he does not flirt at all and his wife is with him.
I don't know what he has that i don't. Maybe its the small beer belly :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad