Proposal: Cgy and Njd

FanTheFlames

Aug 20, 2017
With the recent rumors around these two teams and the Hall to CGY speculation I was thinking I'd throw out a scenario that's not as talked about. I think Hall's getting Atleast 8m even if the cap tanks and I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls over 9m and with that said and the need to sign Atleast 1 capable top 4 dman for the upcoming season I think they would need to clear some cap.

Gaudreau
Lucic
12m roughly

For

Palmieri (Will be in his UFA SEASON)
Anderson
5.5m

Flames clear an extra 6.5m in cap giving them plenty to sign Hall a top 4 dman (maybe retain Brodie and Gustafson) comfortably going into next season.

Cgy
Hall Monahan Palmieri
Tkachuk Lindholm Mangiapane
Bennett Backlund Anderson
Jankowski Ryan Dube
Robinson

And for NJD Having Gaudreau there to push Hishier or Hughes to the next level would be priceless.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I can see where you were going with this, but I don't think the Devils would agree to such a deal. Lucic is very overpaid, and it's going to be tough to trade him to anyone.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Holy shit... We're using Johnny to dump Lucic and get nothing in return. Good stuff. The chances of Johnny resining in NJ would be way higher than us resigning Palmieri too. And quite frankly, I do not want to overpay for him either.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Flames lost a lot of Gaudreau's value by coupling him with Lucic. And I don't imagine the Devils are interested in Lucic at all anyways. As a Flames fan, I would pass on this.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
With the recent rumors around these two teams and the Hall to CGY speculation I was thinking I'd throw out a scenario that's not as talked about. I think Hall's getting Atleast 8m even if the cap tanks and I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls over 9m and with that said and the need to sign Atleast 1 capable top 4 dman for the upcoming season I think they would need to clear some cap.

Gaudreau
Lucic
12m roughly

For

Palmieri (Will be in his UFA SEASON)
Anderson
5.5m

Flames clear an extra 6.5m in cap giving them plenty to sign Hall a top 4 dman (maybe retain Brodie and Gustafson) comfortably going into next season.

Cgy
Hall Monahan Palmieri
Tkachuk Lindholm Mangiapane
Bennett Backlund Anderson
Jankowski Ryan Dube
Robinson

And for NJD Having Gaudreau there to push Hishier or Hughes to the next level would be priceless.

Replace Anderson with Cory Schneider and you're really dealing Gaudreau for Palmieri & one less year of a $6MM cap hit. And maybe Calgary gets something out of Cory Schneider they are not getting out of Lucic. Jersey probably has to add a B level prospect or 2nd round pick to this deal to bridge the gap between Palmeiri and Gaudreau.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The difference between one year of Palmieri and one year of Gaudreau for a rebuilding team is nowhere close to absorbing Lucic's full contract.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
This is a laugh, theres honestly Devils fans saying no to this? Johnny is the superstar player here, even with Lucic in there I'd want more than Palmieri coming back, whos Anderson? A first year rookie? Never even knew Jersey had a player named Anderson and i try keeping up with all 31 teams ...

52 games played with 13 points split in 2 seasons, his Ahl stats were 57 gp with 40 points and you won't do this trade? Lol what a joke of a fan base, Calgary gets pegged real hard in the buttocks

Last edited:

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
This is a laugh, theres honestly Devils fans saying no to this? Johnny is the superstar player here, even with Lucic in there I'd want more than Palmieri coming back, whos Anderson? A first year rookie? Never even knew Jersey had a player named Anderson and i try keeping up with all 31 teams ...

52 games played with 13 points split in 2 seasons, his Ahl stats were 57 gp with 40 points and you won't do this trade? Lol what a joke of a fan base, Calgary gets pegged real hard in the buttocks
Yes Gaudreau is better and signed for an extra year. But let’s not forget it’s not just the calibre of the player it is the value of the contract. Don’t forget Palmieri is making $4.675 million which is 2.1 million less than Gaudreau.
Taking on an extra $6 million dollar contract for three more years two of those with modified NTC and NMC is the value really there? Why would we take in Lucic when we can find a player or use a player under $1 million that would do the same job?
So. It’s more like this. I’ll break it down this way.
Gaudreau $12 million for two years and then pay another $6 million on top the third year with not guarantee that Gaudreau signs there.
For palmeiri st $4.75 for 1 year.
And we give you a promising bottom six right wing. You mention his points. But do you also mention he is only 21 and pretty much only given fourth line minutes. Why would NJ do that? Lol.

Last edited:

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
As a Devils fan, I would take this just because Gaudreau is probably one of my most favorite players in the league.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Flames fans need something better to do than trying to screw our team over with every trade.

Lucic refuses this deal anyway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad