Confirmed with Link: CGY acquires Dougie Hamilton from BOS in exchange for picks 15, 45 and 52 in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 3, 2010
Depending on how much more off the board the Bruins pick with 45 and 52 overall, Hamilton could be the greatest steal in Flames' history.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Dont really want to think about trading gio because like yanno wadda guy. But you gotta wonder if it could get too expensive with the big 3 on the backend.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
share birthday with Dryden, Fasth and Cody Franson. Red Wings fan, nice trade..

bWo*

I share a birthday with ........ Kenny Agostino! He's just 4 years older than I

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I still cannot believe we just got Hamilton....it's still not sunk in yet...
anyone else?

It still hasn't sunk in for me. This is such a significant building block for this organization! ... And he's only 22!

I feel like we're only lacking a few pieces (the main ones are in place) to be a legit contender!

1. #2C - 25G / 50+FO% / with size (example: Backes)
2. Top 6 RW with size
3. #1 G

We're so close! Obviously maturation needs to take place of the course of a few seasons for our young guys, but this team is on the cusp of greatness!

CanadianDestroyer

Oct 3, 2006
Edmonton
Oilers fan here (please don't kill me; screw the Canucks).

This was an awesome trade for you guys and I've read the reason Boston went with you instead of Edmonton is because they wanted Nurse as part of the deal and no way would that work out for us. You gave up a lot and I hope Hamilton charges you guys up and McDavid/Reinhart works out for us (as well as the UFAs that are going to sign with both of us) and the Battle of Alberta gets great again.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hey Guys.

What a day! I flew in from Regina to Minneapolis to Miami; picked up a slick rental and drove like a madman to Sunrise; to make it just in time. I didn't even know this trade happened until some guy in an Oilers jersey (and there are many down here) stopped me and was like "You guys won that trade, I can't believe it!" and I was like... the hell?

Quickly looked at my phone and saw this trade. Incredible. Just incredible. The 15th overall might have ended up a good player. But we get a 22 year old top pairing Dman (with #1 potential). Can't beat that, and you have to make that trade 10/10 times.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Oilers fan here (please don't kill me; screw the Canucks).

This was an awesome trade for you guys and I've read the reason Boston went with you instead of Edmonton is because they wanted Nurse as part of the deal and no way would that work out for us. You gave up a lot and I hope Hamilton charges you guys up and McDavid/Reinhart works out for us (as well as the UFAs that are going to sign with both of us) and the Battle of Alberta gets great again.

Looking forward to it :nod:

Can you imagine if Edmonton picked up Dougie + McDavid today

GMs would probably stop trading with Boston for the next few years.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Flames acquire Dougie Hamilton

*Refreshes newsfeed non-stop while trying to direct my friend who is driving just praying we didnt trade Gaudreau, Monahan, Bennett, Giordano, Brodie, or our 2016 first*

2015 1st, and two 2nds. Holy ****ing **** fellas, whatta steal yknow like Brad whatta guy. Today was like Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad