CFL 2024

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Not gonna lie I got like 6 of those hot dogs on hot dog night.

So YOU'RE THE REASON I DIDN'T GET MY HOT DOG!

3pB6QUF.gif

Last edited:

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Absolutely. The Priestners have done a great job all around. Winning on-ice and building up the Blades brand within the community along with requisite financial investment to have success in both areas. Waited a lonnnnng time to see the Blades at top of league standings. Lived through a lot of unfulfilled expectations over decades and decades.
They bought a baseball team for the city as well that's creating a ton of interest.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Behind the time curb here but has the city officially announced they are selling the team?
The City doesn’t own the team. Edit: someone already pointed this out.

The EE have made some really good signings. Those three Canadians a few days ago are huge.

Reactions: Valhallis

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Come on all you wokesters! Step up to the plate and save your sorry assed franchise!
I've been on HF for a hell of a lot longer than what the profile says and I have to honestly this is the best response from another poster I've read.
The Eskimos would gladly enjoy the support from the meat and potatoes crowd.
The Elks on the other hand put their faith and support in the wokeand rainbow chasers and the saying is ......Everything that woke turns to shit.
Season ticket holder for 10 years maybe more. Now I have not watched the Rainbow Chasing League for more than 5 minutes and I can't be bothered.
if I need any info on the team I will read it online but hell will freeze over before I give this club any of my money till the name changes back

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I've been on HF for a hell of a lot longer than what the profile says and I have to honestly this is the best response from another poster I've read.
The Eskimos would gladly enjoy the support from the meat and potatoes crowd.
The Elks on the other hand put their faith and support in the wokeand rainbow chasers and the saying is ......Everything that woke turns to shit.
Season ticket holder for 10 years maybe more. Now I have not watched the Rainbow Chasing League for more than 5 minutes and I can't be bothered.
if I need any info on the team I will read it online but hell will freeze over before I give this club any of my money till the name changes back
I think the turning point for this organization was when they hired Len Rhodes. He was the guy who had no problem taking money out of the football budget to use to bring in entertainment acts that didn’t really hit with anybody. After that he was firing guys like Hervey and saying publicly that there were things more important than winning. I wasn’t a big fan of Hervey but the “things more important than winning” thing was a peculiar thing to say and I think it was around that time that the organization lost sight of what their purpose was and that was football. Things got much worse after that. I know they’ve had serious issues with everyone they’ve brought in since Hugh Campbell was dumped but before Rhodes I never thought they were about anything but football. Since then it’s seemed like the football part has been an inconvenience to them.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I think the turning point for this organization was when they hired Len Rhodes. He was the guy who had no problem taking money out of the football budget to use to bring in entertainment acts that didn’t really hit with anybody. After that he was firing guys like Hervey and saying publicly that there were things more important than winning. I wasn’t a big fan of Hervey but the “things more important than winning” thing was a peculiar thing to say and I think it was around that time that the organization lost sight of what their purpose was and that was football. Things got much worse after that. I know they’ve had serious issues with everyone they’ve brought in since Hugh Campbell was dumped but before Rhodes I never thought they were about anything but football. Since then it’s seemed like the football part has been an inconvenience to them.
Who can ever forget the stampede for Vanilla Ice tickets followed by an unforgettable performance.:D

Reactions: K1984

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

What's funny with Rhodes is that he actually started to do some good, then pissed it all away doing the things you suggest.

He fired Tillman for his trade debacles. He hired Hervey. He supported Hervey in going after Jones. Then he took offense to the fact Hervey was more well liked than him and booted him for to get Mr. BS.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
What's funny with Rhodes is that he actually started to do some good, then pissed it all away doing the things you suggest.

He fired Tillman for his trade debacles. He hired Hervey. He supported Hervey in going after Jones. Then he took offense to the fact Hervey was more well liked than him and booted him for to get Mr. BS.
If I recall, he also did organize a sojourn to the northern communities during the name hysteria, in order to find out how the indigenous and Inuit felt about it. His findings indicated that 90 % of them were either okay with the name or didn't care one way or another. All for naught anyhow, as the BOD and the next president later buckled under the pressure of a few very vocal voices and a couple of major sponsors looking for some virtue signaling for their brand.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
If I recall, he also did organize a sojourn to the northern communities during the name hysteria, in order to find out how the indigenous and Inuit felt about it. His findings indicated that 90 % of them were either okay with the name or didn't care one way or another. All for naught anyhow, as the BOD and the next president later buckled under the pressure of a few very vocal voices and a couple of major sponsors looking for some virtue signaling for their brand.
Yeah. I have been (and still am) a very vocal critic of Len Rhodes, but not everything he did was terrible. It's just the bad things he did were huge and his approach always came across more like a politician than a sports executive making him come across like weasel.

Reactions: rboomercat90

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad