Prospect Info: CFHF 2020 Prospect Ranking #2 Run-off

Who is the Calgary Flames #2 ranked prospect

• Total voters

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Zary had a 2 vote lead but because of how close it was and the few votes for others I'm creating a tie-breaker poll.

Because of how close this is the loser of this poll will be automatically ranked 3rd and we'll move on to the 4th round.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Zary is the new toy so he'll win, but Pelletier is a damn good prospect. Both solid prospects. Zary as a center is also a plus over Pelletier.

Hoping both these guys can become top 6 guys. With Dube as well we have 3 solid AF young guys to build around Tkachuk and Mangiapane.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Only if he shoots right

4jvxxy

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Jakob did nothing but improve his stock from last season, very impressive CHL D+1 year; and it's almost guaranteed he'll be on the team Canada roster in a key role.
Gotta go with Pelletier here.

Fantastic we actually have 3-4 legit NHL prospects again. It felt very, very bare the past couple seasons; where it was essentially Valimaki and Dube :laugh:

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I'm not permitted to vote in polls here, but I would choose Zary. His pre draft W production tracks extremely well historically. He's bigger and plays the more important position than Pelletier. Pelletier also now has some injury history to overcome.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I'm not permitted to vote in polls here, but I would choose Zary. His pre draft W production tracks extremely well historically. He's bigger and plays the more important position than Pelletier. Pelletier also now has some injury history to overcome.
I've reopened it if you're able to vote now. I thought 24 hours would be enough time to break this tie lol.

Reactions: Flameshomer

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I've reopened it if you're able to vote now. I thought 24 hours would be enough time to break this tie lol.
I just assumed my account was so limited lol- spent too much time trolling the loil over the years.

I am happy to cast a semi- deciding vote. No disrespect at all to Pelletier, who is an excellent prospect, but I think we were really lucky to snag Zary deep into the 1st round this year.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Jakob did nothing but improve his stock from last season, very impressive CHL D+1 year; and it's almost guaranteed he'll be on the team Canada roster in a key role.

Fantastic we actually have 3-4 legit NHL prospects again. It felt very, very bare the past couple seasons; where it was essentially Valimaki and Dube :laugh:

Whoa there partner...if the NHL season starts after WJC we'll see a bunch of returnees. JP should be in a group of about 15 great players looking for a spot in the bottom 6 - and Zary could actually be one of those competing with him.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I'll give this a few more hours in case anyone changes their vote or someone else votes if not, we will move on to round 4.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

There was a lot of hand-wringing (which I never understood) over the Pelletier pick at the time. I think that is being reflected here. I don't see the argument for Zary over him, presently.

Bless you guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad