OT: CF Montreal Thread - Civics, welcome to HFCFM Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
They're going for star power but honestly I'm not sure it's the way to go.

Matuidi looks overrated. It's a small sample but, at same salary, I would take Piette over Matuidi. :laugh:
Higuain would be good but like our strikers in the past, he doesn't get the ball often
Pizarro has kinda the same problem. He has to get low because he doesn't get the ball as well. No wonder that their possession is the lowest in the league

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
But they play at opposite ends of the pitch.
Yes, but we have someone who can troll back.
If20BvY.png

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
That's another thing that Renard has done well. We used to be eaten alive by big, physical MLS players. Now with, Wanyama, Miller, Struna, and even Binks and Camacho who also don't mind getting a bit physical we are much better equipped to deal with the opposing physical forwards. And with Johnsen up front (I might even add Quioto who can be quite a pain to contain), we have someone who can give them a taste of their own medicine as well.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
On the contrary, I think Renard built this team with a purpose, and to give as many options and possible formations as he could to his coach. He deserves a lot of praise for his findings. He's by far the best recruiter we've had on this team. Some would say he's the first official Directeur Sportif, but yeah. You can he tell he knows how to evaluate talent. De Santis was a good salesman and great at convincing players to come here, but he did not have the contacts nor the eye for talent that Renard has. I'm sure Bologna helps on recruitment as well with their staff and money power, but big props to Renard.

Thus far, literally none of his recruitees have sucked. It's still very early, but color me impressed.

Again judging prematurely. Who did Renard bring on his own ? (No Quioto was Vassili and probably Wilmer tbh) Mihailovic, Struna, Miller, Kizza, Hamdy, Johnson, Bassong, Inrahim. If I go through a few of them Kizza doesn't seem MLS ready now. Struna is overpaid, Hamdy at 500k, Johnson at 1M. Mihailovic and Miller are very decent so far but we always did good transactions within Mls (Oduro,Oyongo, Lovitz)

All have less than 10 games played let's wait and see how they do after 20 games. It could turn out bad could turn good. But when the team sucked it was because of Henry or Renard not having enough time and now that the new coach proves every prediction (small sample but still) it's Renard being a genius ? Give me abreak. There's a reason why everyone (writers, analyst) thought mtl would finish last or near, u think it's because they hate francos? No its becayse the team Renard brought is average at best with a lot of uncertain value

I know this board is bandwagon FC but I don't see why NDS keeps getting attacked ? He brought us Piatti, Mapp, Dzemaili Donadel and guys like Di Vaio, Fanni and Rivas with Camacho playing a key part todday.

Anyway should Montreal keep the momentum Nancy will be rewarded not Renard. I hope to enjoy today's game

Last edited:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
The baby woke me up much earlier than I had wished for, so I decided to re-watch the game.

I'm not his biggest supporter whatsoever, but goddamn Piette had a monster performance!

Despite losing by 2 goals, Miami substituted Pizarro, because they were frustrated that he kept being shutdown by Piette.

I also saw 3 or 4 badly placed passes by Camacho and Struna (who both had an awesome match btw) to Piette, that from 2016 to 2020, would of resulted in Piette losing the ball. Not this year though! His ball reception game, has evolved as much as his forward passing game.

I expect him to be back on the bench when Wanyama returns. I can't see how they keep Hamdi as a substitute, but man that was a MLS team-of-the-week performance.

Also, I stand by this Ibrahim comparison. He looks like a better version of Orji Okwonkwo. That kid has wheels and he's built like a horse.

In a 2 striker system like ours, he will be the perfect second striker 1 day. Those 2 passes he sent to Hurtado are beyond his years of experience imo. He kept putting pressure on defenders, and isn't lazy in his back-checking.

Let's not make him what he's not. Like Quito, I don't see him in the future as a lone n.9.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Again judging prematurely. Who did Renard bring on his own ? (No Quioto was Vassili and probably Wilmer tbh) Mihailovic, Struna, Miller, Kizza, Hamdy, Johnson, Bassong, Inrahim. If I go through a few of them Kizza doesn't seem MLS ready now. Struna is overpaid, Hamdy at 500k, Johnson at 1M. Mihailovic and Miller are very decent so far but we always did good transactions within Mls (Oduro,Oyongo, Lovitz)

All have less than 10 games played let's wait and see how they do after 20 games. It could turn out bad could turn good. But when the team sucked it was because of Henry or Renard not having enough time and now that the new coach proves every prediction (small sample but still) it's Renard being a genius ? Give me abreak. There's a reason why everyone (writers, analyst) thought mtl would finish last or near, u think it's because they hate francos? No its becayse the team Renard brought is average at best with a lot of uncertain value

I know this board is bandwagon FC but I don't see why NDS keeps getting attacked ? He brought us Piatti, Mapp, Dzemaili Donadel and guys like Di Vaio, Fanni and Rivas with Camacho playing a key part todday.

Anyway should Montreal keep the momentum Nancy will be rewarded not Renard. I hope to enjoy today's game

I believe the MLS 'analysts' predicted a last place to the Impact because, just like us, they didn't know any of the players that were brought in. This team was and still is a total wildcard due to the lack of information on players. We're starting to get a better idea on them and so far so good.

Fanni and Camacho were Garde's recruits. Dzemaili was already at Bologna, maybe NDS convinced him to come, who knows.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I believe the MLS 'analysts' predicted a last place to the Impact because, just like us, they didn't know any of the players that were brought in. This team was and still is a total wildcard due to the lack of information on players. We're starting to get a better idea on them and so far so good.

Fanni and Camacho were Garde's recruits. Dzemaili was already at Bologna, maybe NDS convinced him to come, who knows.

Negative

L’Impact parlait avec Blerim Dzemaili depuis trois ans - TVA Sports
NDS spoke to him while blerim was in Napoli

Rod Fanni already had discussions with Montreal before Garde came. Garde came and signed Diallo who got injured in preseason and the direction went to Fanni who wasn't playing anymore at Marseille and originally signed him to the month of July. It wasn't Garde at all

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Crazy in Turkey, thrilling until the last second.

1. Besiktas 84 points GD + 45
2. Galatasaray 84 points GD + 44

Besiktas are champions for having a superior GD to Galatasaray. The importance of scoring goals.

and now Falcao with Feghouli are getting attacked for missing too many games :laugh: I'd be pissed too to lose a title because of a -1 lol

Last edited:

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Choiniere at Right wing-back?

Hmmmm

The only position where depth is lacking. With ZBG hurt and Bahiya having played the full 90 on Wednesday (a match during which he had to run A LOT ), options are really lacking at the RWB position, especially since Nancy seems wary of using the left-footed Bassong there. He might have to though if Choinière is struggling.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I miss the ZBG-Kizza wingback combo.

It's not working whatsoever with Choinière and Lappalainen. All they want to do is cut in the middle and push forward.

That's not their job!

There's no centers at all from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad