OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The season started with so much f***ing promise than choiniere story goes public and Gervais the poodle fires Renard, and now they look like they’ve given up. Complete f***ing dysfunction with this organization

The problems of the front office trickle down to the team.

It's as broche à foin as it gets. All the new people who got season tickets must be getting clowned by their family and friends.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
The season started with so much f***ing promise than choiniere story goes public and Gervais the poodle fires Renard, and now they look like they’ve given up. Complete f***ing dysfunction with this organization
It all starts with ownership and it's rotten. A club owned by a thug in a suit, can't be successful in the long term because they will always take stupid emotional decisions.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Watched the game and goodness gracious :laugh::laugh: Bernardeschi owned MTL tonight.

Gervais got some work to do. I've said it and it sucks to say but I don't think Courtois is the right guy for the job. He's doing worse than Losada with a much better squad. I think the players know he's a Renard guy and he lost the locker room already. Taking the blame after every game doesn't help. Your squad is slightly above average but if you treat Choiniere like your superstar, tonight is the kind of results you get. You reap what you sow.

One more time if you bench Wanyama you lose the game. Against Columbus Wanyama left and CLB made 2-1 within a minute.

It all starts with ownership and it's rotten. A club owned by a thug in a suit, can't be successful in the long term because they will always take stupid emotional decisions.

This whole ownership excuse is getting old. That same owner moved to Bologna, they finished 4th and gonna play Champions League next year. Is this one of his stupid emotional decisions ? 🤔

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
This whole ownership excuse is getting old. That same owner moved to Bologna, they finished 4th and gonna play Champions League next year. Is this one of his stupid emotional decisions ? 🤔
Any team can have a fluke season. Sustained success is where it's at.

Qualifying for the Champions League is nice, but that means that ownership will have to heavily invest in the squad for next season. If they don't, that means they will most likely get embarrassed both in Europe and in the league.

Juventus are also looking towards hiring Bologna's coach Thiago Motta. He is a big reason for their success and i doubt they can replace him properly if he leaves.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Any team can have a fluke season. Sustained success is where it's at.

Qualifying for the Champions League is nice, but that means that ownership will have to heavily invest in the squad for next season. If they don't, that means they will most likely get embarrassed both in Europe and in the league.

Juventus are also looking towards hiring Bologna's coach Thiago Motta. He is a big reason for their success and i doubt they can replace him properly if he leaves.
I sort of anticipated the whole 'fluke' talking point and here's what I've got to say. Having followed Bologna this year closer than all the previous years combined, I'm confident to say that the reason why Bologna excelled was because of their scouting network.

As far as how well are they gonna be next season certainly depends on what they do in this upcoming transfer window.

Back to us, if you compare their recruitment vs Ours, with non domestic players, aside from maybe Ibrahim, our international players from abroad have been disastrous in the Renard Era.

I think we should give Gervais carte Blanche, let him work, get behind him, let him find his staff and give him time.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I sort of anticipated the whole 'fluke' talking point and here's what I've got to say. Having followed Bologna this year closer than all the previous years combined, I'm confident to say that the reason why this team was superb is because of their scouting network.

As far as how well are they gonna be next season certainly depends on what they do in this upcoming transfer window.

If you compare their recruitment vs Ours, with non domestic players, aside from maybe Ibrahim, our international players from abroad have been disastrous in the Renard Era.

I think we should give Gervais carte Blanche, let him work, get behind him, let him find his staff and give him time.
Bologna went nowhere before Motta was appointed. This team completely regressed after losing a homegrown coach like Nancy who went on to win a championship after leaving. I wouldn't be surprised if Motta wins the league with Juventus next season.

A smaller team like Bologna has no choice but to have a decent scouting network if they want to compete. That's just standard procedure. The real work begins now as they will have to pay to retain talent and spend some money to strengthen the squad. The other teams will be gunning for them and they will no longer be seen as underdogs.

It will take a lot more than a season of success to impress me.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Hey so I wanna go see a game, what's the best website to get a pair of tickets?

I see alot of them are like 55 bucks + , seems extremely expensive to go watch an impact MLS game. I noticed there aren't alot of tickets available is that because of Messi Mania this year?

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Hey so I wanna go see a game, what's the best website to get a pair of tickets?

I see alot of them are like 55 bucks + , seems extremely expensive to go watch an impact MLS game. I noticed there aren't alot of tickets available is that because of Messi Mania this year?
Honestly? Check stubhub. Lots of people have bought season tickets for the Messi game but won't go to all games. You will most likely find cheap tickets if you're not too picky about seating location.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Honestly? Check stubhub. Lots of people have bought season tickets for the Messi game but won't go to all games. You will most likely find cheap tickets if you're not too picky about seating location.
Yeah I figure people are selling their season tickets this season Pretty sure just selling the miami one is basically worth as much as the season pack haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad