OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
They're sure making every effort possible to make it seem like it.
Honestly though, I don't think they are. Let's be honest, what's going on right now is no different than at any other point in their history, so in a lot of peoples minds, it's more "rinse and repeat".

At this point, I want the team to move because it would be less painful to deal with that than the regular shit that's inflicted upon us by this piece of shit owner.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Honestly though, I don't think they are. Let's be honest, what's going on right now is no different than at any other point in their history, so in a lot of peoples minds, it's more "rinse and repeat".

At this point, I want the team to move because it would be less painful to deal with that than the regular shit that's inflicted upon us by this piece of shit owner.

Why would you want them to move?! I just want Saputo to sell.

Reactions: Michelangelo

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Why would you want them to move?! I just want Saputo to sell.
It's that I want the team to move. Obviously him selling to a local ownership group would be the best outcome.

But if it's a straight up choice between Joey keeping the team or the team moving? I'm taking the team moving.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I can live with Saputo, no team has a perfect owner. I just want him to stop being a despotic ass and to spend league average money on the team. I know we're not LA or Miami, but there has to be a happy medium somewhere. That's all I'm asking, for us to be an average middle of the road franchise where there isn't some new drama every other month and I get to watch some footy every week with players I know and somewhat care about.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Too soon? :sarcasm:

83s8VXT.gif

• Wow
Reactions: ArtPeur

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I can live with Saputo, no team has a perfect owner. I just want him to stop being a despotic ass and to spend league average money on the team. I know we're not LA or Miami, but there has to be a happy medium somewhere. That's all I'm asking, for us to be an average middle of the road franchise where there isn't some new drama every other month and I get to watch some footy every week with players I know and somewhat care about.

It's just.. too.. many.. tantrums

There's passion and then there's trying to save up a nickel. I believe it was on Tony's podcast but he was saying that, at CF Montreal, most people were doing 3 jobs but were only paid for one. It's a shit show and it's been going for years.

I thought things would slow down a bit with Gervais in.. but.. man. Tony was also saying that Vassili was doing most of the job. I wonder who's going to be mad enough to take that Sporting Director job now

Also keep in mind that Renard signed an extension in June (?) last year

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I thought things would slow down a bit with Gervais in.. but.. man. Tony was also saying that Vassili was doing most of the job. I wonder who's going to be mad enough to take that Sporting Director job now
Wonder no more, the answer is staring you in the face.

Who did Trump surround himself with, while he was in power?

Same here, there must be a family member at hand, ready to jump in. Obviously, Joey doesn’t value sports-related employment so might as well name a stooge and keep the money in the family.

Viva Bologna!

Reactions: HuGo Sham

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I mean, I think we all are. The problem is that it seems damn near impossible to get that with Saputo.

So if that's the case, are you really ok with Saputo?

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Wonder no more, the answer is staring you in the face.

Who did Trump surround himself with, while he was in power?

Same here, there must be a family member at hand, ready to jump in. Obviously, Joey doesn’t value sports-related employment so might as well name a stooge and keep the money in the family.

Viva Bologna!

oh.

It's been a while since we haven't seen Nick DeSantis :snide:

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's awesome for the MLS , in any case. The league has made such giant strides since the early 90's and that stuff is going to really pay off when the new generation of north american kids starts playing in a few years, after Messimania ran wild on them.

Reactions: Michelangelo

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I dont think there’s been a bigger pop around the MLS for Messi than last night. CFMTL should be way bigger than it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad