OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Corbo getting jabroni extra time minutes.

Bah, Edwards was really burned out. I guess Courtois didn't want to see last week happen again. On the last replay, he wasn't covering anybody in the defense and then Columbus got a great chance yet again

.. and so Columbus doesn't score 1 goal at home for the first time since September 2022

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Good result...

Everything changed when Vilsaint and Iankov brought their quality onto the field, but half the team was burnt from all that running in the first half.

Duke and Toye should never play together again. They can't hold onto the ball. Two of the softest players of all time.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Good result...

Everything changed when Vilsaint and Iankov brought their quality onto the field, but half the team was burnt from all that running in the first half.

Duke and Toye should never play together again. They can't hold onto the ball. Two of the softest players of all time.
Yeah, zero chemistry between these two, absolute nothing.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Duke reminds me so much of Borjan. A guy who everyone hoped would be a stud, but couldn't do anything unless he had someone to play off of. Having said that, I will fully acknowledge that Duke is extremely SAWFT. It takes a certain skillset to be able to create out of nothing. But when you're dealing with guys that can't really play with the ball in 1-2 situations (Toye, Ibrahim, Lassiter, Piette, Edwards), you're not going to be able to do anything with Duke's skills. You saw that as soon as Yankov and Vilsaint (then Saliba) came on, guys that can actually handle the ball, things went infinitely better.

For the entire time Toye was on the field, it was like I was watching a u9 game where all they did was defend, pray, and launch the ball hoping that Toye could make a run.

Sirois was great. Not sure what people are seeing in Edwards right now. He looks like a liability.

I'm also not sure what Waterman was doing at times last night as there were a few times he went up super high, which is not really where a defender should be.

Would also like to see Corbo instead of Campbell. Just really don't like him (Campbell).

We have a couple of softer games, but we are also playing some really good teams upcoming. Team is going to need to step up and also pray that nobody else gets injured. Hopefully Opoku coming back should help as well.

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
Duke reminds me so much of Borjan. A guy who everyone hoped would be a stud, but couldn't do anything unless he had someone to play off of. Having said that, I will fully acknowledge that Duke is extremely SAWFT. It takes a certain skillset to be able to create out of nothing. But when you're dealing with guys that can't really play with the ball in 1-2 situations (Toye, Ibrahim, Lassiter, Piette, Edwards), you're not going to be able to do anything with Duke's skills. You saw that as soon as Yankov and Vilsaint (then Saliba) came on, guys that can actually handle the ball, things went infinitely better.

For the entire time Toye was on the field, it was like I was watching a u9 game where all they did was defend, pray, and launch the ball hoping that Toye could make a run.

Sirois was great. Not sure what people are seeing in Edwards right now. He looks like a liability.

I'm also not sure what Waterman was doing at times last night as there were a few times he went up super high, which is not really where a defender should be.

Would also like to see Corbo instead of Campbell. Just really don't like him (Campbell).

We have a couple of softer games, but we are also playing some really good teams upcoming. Team is going to need to step up and also pray that nobody else gets injured. Hopefully Opoku coming back should help as well.
I have read somewhere that Duke was really really good in practice. He was doing things that other wasnt able to or had great flashes. I think they are trying to get him going and be more constant than anything.

Really looking forward to see all the offensive option together for a few weeks to see what we can have. Unfortunately, thats gonna be in 2-3 months.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Thinking back on saturdays match, Vilsaint really put his physical and technical abilities to work the moment he got subbed in. His one on one acument alone puts him on such a different level from our other strikers. We really have something to develop there.

Reactions: TRG

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Is there really a big payday waiting for him someplace else? Feels like he's getting bad advice, unless the team is low balling him to the point of being insulting and Joey is penny pinching.He's not exactly an established player , not yet at least.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Is there really a big payday waiting for him someplace else? Feels like he's getting bad advice, unless the team is low balling him to the point of being insulting and Joey is penny pinching.He's not exactly an established player , not yet at least.

He most likely wants more than Piette. And the club is saying nein.

I understand why Choiniere has a chip on his shoulder though.

1) Dude was played everywhere except this natural position since the start of his career.
2) Watches Koné and Saliba being put directly into their positions while he had to tap dance to get opportunities.
3) Goes to ASG.
4) Still denied, the club don't wanna pay him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

1) Dude was played everywhere except this natural position since the start of his career.
2) Watches Koné and Saliba being put directly into their positions while he had to tap dance to get opportunities.
3) Goes to ASG.

Koné and Saliba were vastly superior than he was. Hopefully, it's just a negotiation tactic. If he's gone, he'll probably join Portland :sarcasm:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
A season isn't complete without some drama, this is fine
this-is-fine_custom-b7c50c845a78f5d7716475a92016d52655ba3115.jpg

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

3) Goes to ASG.
He's been playing at least, he never got the jabroni treatment from the coaching staff. They always tried to find a spot for him in the lineup, even if it often wasn't at his prefered position. I just don't see him getting a better opportunity with another team and I hope this is him and his agent working the team for a better deal.

Reactions: HitHard

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
He's been playing at least, he never got the jabroni treatment from the coaching staff. They always tried to find a spot for him in the lineup, even if it often wasn't at his prefered position. I just don't see him getting a better opportunity with another team and I hope this is him and his agent working the team for a better deal.

I can see him going to a bunch of teams and getting a good shot. Box to box mids are rare in the MLS.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
He's the type of player you need in MLS, with a salary cap: versatile, doesn't put your team in danger by being dumb and can play different positions.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
He's the type of player you need in MLS, with a salary cap: versatile, doesn't put your team in danger by being dumb and can play different positions.

.. and homegrown

Unless he values himself as a 1M$ guy, just sign him to whatever he wants (with some limits still). Glassi and Toye both earn over 600k$, he should be earning about that.. or low TAM threshold.

Heck, we don't have DPs, just make him one.

:snide:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad