OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Any chance that it's just an expansion of SS ? I don't know, I just can't see him fork out the needed money for a new building.

The problem with Stade Saputo is that the team does not own the land. They didn't have to fork money for it as they lease it from the RIO. But now it's a problem because the team won't invest on a leased land.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Very entertaining first half, back to the good old ways under Courtois. Coccaro's subs are starting to be worriesome, he hasn't finished a game yet. Lassiter is having a good game as a winger.

I believe Coccaro took a knock in the first game this season. He's looked hurt in every game since then

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
The problem with Stade Saputo is that the team does not own the land. They didn't have to fork money for it as they lease it from the RIO. But now it's a problem because the team won't invest on a leased land.
Still seems obvious to me that we'll end up in a massively renovated Olympic Stadium, shared with the Alouettes. With the government investing on a quality long-term roof, PKP buying the Alouettes and them not owning their stadium and us looking for a long run solution, the stars are aligned.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Getting anything major built in Montreal is a nightmare to begin with. The city would need to be on board and willing to facilitate it.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Still seems obvious to me that we'll end up in a massively renovated Olympic Stadium, shared with the Alouettes. With the government investing on a quality long-term roof, PKP buying the Alouettes and them not owning their stadium and us looking for a long run solution, the stars are aligned.
It's pretty well established at this point that he spends as little of his money as possible. Can't see anything doing on that front, unless the government is footing most of the bill and taking most of the risks, which they really shouldnt. I'd rather see Saputo put something together that's perfect for soccer a la BMO field.

Last edited:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

Just like the Nordiques coming back to Qc

:sarcasm:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Much better game, well deserved win against the supporter shield winners of last year. This team is for real.

Also kudos to the fans in attendance, the stadium was buzzing on the TV feed.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Much better game, well deserved win against the supporter shield winners of last year. This team is for real.

Also kudos to the fans in attendance, the stadium was buzzing on the TV feed.
The fanbase has been building for a while now, there's definitely a buzz going on. Not a giant one, but it's there and it's growing. It's going to be a legit soccer town at some point down the road, I truly believe that.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Coccaro was seen on crutches after the match apparently, so no bueno there :help:

Indeed, that normally means ligaments, and that usually means season ending injury.

Missed the game last night. But you see, thanks to my AppleTV+ MLS Season's Pass™, I'll be able to watch the replay in full HD quality as Maradona and Pélé intended.

• Haha
Reactions: ThaDevilGirl

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I'd like to see Waterman sitting for a game. Corbo-Campbell-Sosa please (or something the like)

Sosa looked great yesterday, he loves jumping up the play, even more so than Miller. His teammates have to be awake cause he doesn't always come back to his defensive position, but that leads to some nice overloading offensively. Renard has to be happy about him and Alvarez. Campbell had a good one too. Defense shouldn't be a problem this year. Forwards though with injuries :(

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
No, not Campbell. I'm not against your idea of sitting Waterman but I just can't stomach Campbell's inept play.

Last game was probably Campbell's best game I've seen him play for Montreal. I'm not sure I'd like him in the Libero spot though, he looked really awful there last season

Sosa and Campbell (maybe Alvarez too) like to push the play forward, Corbo doesn't. Corbo in the middle maybe? I haven't seen him play there although he probably did when I stopped watching the Seattle game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad