GDT: Cesko vs Swiss

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Should be a close and low scoring game. Key one for quarterfinal placement and seeding IMO.

I expect the Swiss to win 3-2.
I expect dostal to start.
I expect the exact same lineup as last time for the Czechs.
I expect us to get about 40 shots on net and almost none of them to go in the net.lol
Swiss have NHL game breakers and our D will struggle with them.
Josi may be the best player in the tournament. Edge Swiss.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Should be a close and low scoring game. Key one for quarterfinal placement and seeding IMO.

I expect us to get about 40 shots on net and almost none of them to go in the net.lol

I see you're very optimistic about your team's chances. :P

Reactions: Czechboy

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006

That is a pretty realistic assessment.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
We had to put a battle yesterday, not sure how this team will look today, hard to call this game

We need to play better defensively if we want a chance to do something

Reactions: Summer Rose

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
What pisses me off is that monday and Friday have exceptional games. However, the weekend had nothing too exciting. I gotta work.lol
For me it almost doesn't matter - all times on all days are bad! It's 1:30am here in Tokyo, no way I am staying up until the Czech game starts (working from the morning).

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Ok, I got the first line right.

Thürkauf to play with Ambühl and Kurashev while Scherwey is sitting out with Haas. No changes on the second and third line. Genoni to start.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022

Thürkauf to play with Ambühl and Kurashev while Scherwey is sitting out with Haas. No changes on the second and third line. Genoni to start.

I think Kurashev and Thurkauf on the 4th line is not a great choice, the 3rd line wasn't very good yesterday

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland

I'd have changed something in the Jäger line, they don't seem like the best possible fit. Scherwey's hustle will be missed too, I'd have taken 13 forwards

I think Kurashev and Thurkauf on the 4th line is not a great choice, the 3rd line wasn't very good yesterday
Kurashev and Thürkauf already played together and worked pretty well in 2022.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Happy to see they are still playing Spacek to be honest. I like the lines and wouldn't have changed them. I don't like who we selected but the lines are good. A PP goal would be nice.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
After the games against the weaker opponents, Switzerland now faces a much tougher opponent. I expect a close game with a better end for the Czechs. As far as I know, they have always been quite successful if it's held in their country.

But Switzerland has always played in the preliminary round very well in the past years. The problem was always the quarterfinal. It's possible that I'm wrong with my prediction.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
After the games against the weaker opponents, Switzerland now faces a much tougher opponent. I expect a close game with a better end for the Czechs. As far as I know, they have always been quite successful if it's held in their country.
I think we all agree this won't be a blowout either way. Very frustrating game incoming for both of us.lol

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
I think Switzerland beat us in the past two group games (last year and the year before that). No reason to think it will be different today. Could be a close game. I am just not sure where the Czech goals are supposed to come from against a decent D.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I think Switzerland beat us in the past two group games (last year and the year before that). No reason to think it will be different today. Could be a close game. I am just not sure where there Czechs goals are supposed to come from against a decent D.
Cervus might get one? After that, inahvent seen much difference between our 4th line and out 1st line for goals.

I've loved Kase. Really enjoyed sedlak. Tomasek has some jam and has been noticeable. Palat has been great as well. Just none of them are finishers. Kubalik has underperformed to my eye. I've loved Kampf.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
I think Switzerland beat us in the past two group games (last year and the year before that). No reason to think it will be different today. Could be a close game. I am just not sure where there Czechs goals are supposed to come from against a decent D.
I know, but the Czechs have the home advantage. Maybe this makes the difference. But as I said, Switzerland played a very strong preliminary round in the past years, but in the quarterfinals, the good game was like being blown away. So you could be right too.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
I know, but the Czechs have the home advantage. Maybe this makes the difference. But as I said, Switzerland played a very strong preliminary round in the past years, but in the quarterfinals, the good game was like being blown away. So you could be right too.
Could go either way. I hope we get to see a good game everyone enjoys.

swissdude

May 18, 2019
regarding the bad history against the hosts. last year they wanted to avoid being the party crasher knocking latvia out of the tournament and tried to rest some players. the consequences of this on the flow of the team could be seen in the QF against germany. I hope for a good performance but i could live with a defeat against the czech republic, the only thing that counts is qualifying for the QF. i'm sick of these almost perfect records in the preliminary round followed by losses when it counts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad