GDT: Cesko vs Austria

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Another amazing game from Austria

We are very lucky it's 3:0 they were better the whole 2nd period

Now to close it off ... But we know that being down 3:0 is nothing to Austria lol

Reactions: Czechboy

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
The Flek goal I think was actually even strength? I don't think it was a PP goal like the IIHF stat tracker is showing. Thankfully Baumgartner got isolated against a forward because an adventurous Dman moved up in the zone. We won't talk about it.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
The Flek goal I think was actually even strength? I don't think it was a PP goal like the IIHF stat tracker is showing. Thankfully Baumgartner got isolated against a forward because an adventurous Dman moved up in the zone. We won't talk about it.
it's a PP goal because it was scored just as the Czech player was coming out of a penalty box. It was 4 on 4 just before that.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Let’s hope a 3-0 lead can be enough to have a fighting chance not to lose in the third?? 😲
Necas is announced officially, joining the team tomorrow. Yay!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I think we look damn good... Glad it's not close and I can enjoy my beer. I should say... Not close for now

Reactions: Old Man Jags

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The graphic showing beranek has skated faster than Flek is damn impressive. Flek can fly.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
It really helps us what happened in the previous Austrian games - no Czech player will subconsciously drop their level because they know that even a large lead doesn’t preclude Austria from coming back. So they don’t relax too early. Also, they play a bit ‘more freely’ - usually they play with fans’ pressure that you are simply not allowed to lose or play a tight game with a team like Austria. That puts pressure on them. But Austria have been so good against the top teams here, Czechs fans don’t demand an easy win. That means the players can relax a bit.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
If we get not only Necas but also Pastrnak and Zacha, this team has momentum and is gelling. Nobody will relish playing such team, hope the Bruins play their last game tonight.

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
Where is Michael Raffl, by the way?
Quit international hockey a while ago. Injuries have piled up over the years.

Game was entertaining up until that 4-3 PP. Still a good game from Austria, they skated really well for most of the game. Nothing to be ashamed of really. Can’t always rely on almost 20% scoring percentage. Focus now on our endgames against Norway and GBR

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Quit international hockey a while ago. Injuries have piled up over the years.

Game was entertaining up until that 4-3 PP. Still a good game from Austria, they skated really well for most of the game. Nothing to be ashamed of really. Can’t always rely on almost 20% scoring percentage. Focus now on our endgames against Norway and GBR
Ah, thanks for the reply, but that's a pity, just looking on his numbers, he seems to be still doing great in Switzerland, would be nice to watch him on this years Austria team.

Raffl on the top line with Giroux in Philly, those were the times! Such a fun and good player.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Pretty good game Czechia. Very patient and responsible. It was apparent they were taking Austria 100% seriously, just like if they were playing Sweden or Canada. No underestimation, no careless offensive zone tricks, but a focused game starting with diligent defensive zone coverage. Well deserved win vs. a tough opponent which had gained some momentum in the previous games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad