Central Scouting Final Rankings

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Just here to say Eiserman is still the 2nd best player in this draft.
Maybe the 2nd best on his own team... maybe.

He's been sliding down my own rankings every month. He could realistically fall outside the top 15. There are some really tough decisions to make on players like this. Can you take him over guys like Carter Yakemchuk, Konsta Helenius, or Michael Brandsegg Nygard that have a higher compete level and more dynamic?

Is he really this years Cole Caufield or is that perception skewed because it's been a while since the 2019 draft? Caufield was a dynamic forward that not only scored goals, but contributed some very nice assists. Every time I see Eiserman play, he takes way too many shots on goal and the play either lives or dies by his stick. He will sacrifice good scoring chances just so he can take a bad angle shot that will rarely go in. His goal numbers look really nice, but a lot of that is because he's hogging the puck and that takes away from his teammates chances. This is the type of profile I would prefer to avoid in the draft to be honest. I'd rather go after one of the 3 I mentioned above because I know I'm getting a good roster player

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

He's been sliding down my own rankings every month. He could realistically fall outside the top 15. There are some really tough decisions to make on players like this. Can you take him over guys like Carter Yakemchuk, Konsta Helenius, or Michael Brandsegg Nygard that have a higher compete level and more dynamic?

Is he really this years Cole Caufield or is that perception skewed because it's been a while since the 2019 draft? Caufield was a dynamic forward that not only scored goals, but contributed some very nice assists. Every time I see Eiserman play, he takes way too many shots on goal and the play either lives or dies by his stick. He will sacrifice good scoring chances just so he can take a bad angle shot that will rarely go in. His goal numbers look really nice, but a lot of that is because he's hogging the puck and that takes away from his teammates chances. This is the type of profile I would prefer to avoid in the draft to be honest. I'd rather go after one of the 3 I mentioned above because I know I'm getting a good roster player
Its the classic case of overscouting a player. Hes a goal per game player, its been accomplished once in NTDP history. Outside of the top 15? What are we even talking about here.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Does anyone know if players are excluded from the list if central scouting is unable to meet with the player to measure their height/weight? Specifically thinking for certain Russian/Belarusian players.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Does anyone know if players are excluded from the list if central scouting is unable to meet with the player to measure their height/weight? Specifically thinking for certain Russian/Belarusian players.
Highly doubtful.

They measure at the combine but it's not like the measurements in the rankings need to be perfectly accurate.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

Well, for better or for worse you do sound like the typical NHL executive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad