Centers who can fight

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Doesn't really answer your question, so I'm sorry about that, but I think since face-offs and defensive play are so important to a Center's role, you want guys who spend more time on the ice, not in the penalty box, to handle those responsibilities. I think that's probably why it's less common.

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
Doesn't really answer your question, so I'm sorry about that, but I think since face-offs and defensive play are so important to a Center's role, you want guys who spend more time on the ice, not in the penalty box, to handle those responsibilities. I think that's probably why it's less common.

True, perhaps thats why. Just a random question :)

Mike Martin

Nov 1, 2013
There aren't many, high scoring Centers who could fight were more prominent over a decade ago (Lindros, Primeau, Gratton, etc..)

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
The title should read: Centres who can Skate, Score, and Fight.

Actually I'd be happy with someone who can skate, play make, score, and defend themselves and team mates. Does this combination in a hockey player even exist these days?

Sittler was pretty good in his day!

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

Actually I'd be happy with someone who can skate, play make, score, and defend themselves and team mates. Does this combination in a hockey player even exist these days?

David Backes?

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto

Why would the title read that when that's not the question being asked? Everyone's throwing out star players who play a tough game, but the question being asked is about enforcers, not top-6 guys.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

Mike Richards.

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
Lol, I was just wondering cause you rarely see centers who can actually put up a decent fight (or defend themselves well enough). Instead, usually someone else comes to defend them (not that that it's wrong).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad