Center Rankings #5

Who is the 5th best center in the league?

• Mark Scheifele

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nicklas Backstrom

• Joe Pavelski

• Anze Kopitar

• Mat Barzal

• Elias Pettersson

• Sean Couturier

• Elias Lindholm

• Tomas Hertl

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm torn. On one hand, if Crosby can fully recover from that sports hernia surgery and regain some of his speed/explosiveness, he'd be my pick. But if last year's version of Crosby is the one we're getting from now on, I think Barkov is the choice.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I'm torn. On one hand, if Crosby can fully recover from that sports hernia surgery and regain some of his speed/explosiveness, he'd be my pick. But if last year's version of Crosby is the one we're getting from now on, I think Barkov is the choice.
Crosby will always be one of the best centers in the game just due to his IQ and puck possession. But I think after the last 2 years Barkov has passed him.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I feel sick voting for Barkov over Crosby but it’s just the way it is. They moved Huberdeau off his line and he arguably had one of his best seasons of his career.. Crosby is getting stellar support from his wingers and will be my next pick.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Crosby had more points? Crosby even finished higher in both Hart voting and end of year all-star team voting. Barkov's only tangible edge was defensively (Selke).

Crosby be Crosby, I guess. No way he was actually a better player than Barkov this past season, other than PP perhaps.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Crosby had more points? Crosby even finished higher in both Hart voting and end of year all-star team voting. Barkov's only tangible edge was defensively (Selke).

I know you’ve already stated above you feel it’s Barkov here but we should point out that:

1) Sid played with Guentzel and Rust compared to Verhaeghe and Duclair
2) Sid is a Canadian icon who plays for the Pens and Barkov is a quiet Fin who plays in a state who would rather watch high school football than the NHL

The answer here should be Barkov but will be Sid.

Last edited:

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
I know you’ve already stated above you feel it’s Barkov here but we should point out that:

2) Sid is a Canadian icon who plays for the Pens and Barkov is a quiet Russian who plays in a state who would rather watch high school football than the NHL

He Fin though.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

2) Sid is a Canadian icon who plays for the Pens and Barkov is a quiet Russian who plays in a state who would rather watch high school football than the NHL

Barkov was better than Sid last year but it was 56 games in a weird covid year playing one division, and it was really the only year he has been better (they were close the year before, both playing largely through injury). It can also take a long time for an athlete to be 100% after the surgery Crosby had in 2019, so there's a possibility he'll regain some of the explosiveness he didn't have last year and and it wasn't just age-related. Giroux had a similar surgery, put up a 58 point season afterwards then a 102 point season the year after that.

I picked Barkov here because he's in his prime, I think he'll repeat last year, and despite Crosby's past, I also think Barkov has better legs to go on a long playoff run at this point. But still, I can see why people are going for Crosby. There's a decent chance he's the better player next year.

Reactions: Connor McConnor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad