Recalled/Assigned: Cedrick Desjardins & Kristers Gudlevskis Recalled | Update: Gudlevskis Sent Down

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
We've seen Ceddy's effectiveness, or lack thereof, in the NHL before. I'd like to see Gud get the start.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Crunch have borrowed an ECHL back up goalie named York to start. Played with eight teams at various levels past two years. A few NHL games with Cbus. Ceddy should start with Kristers as backup as Kristers looked tired last few starts in Syracuse.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So this could get ugly.

I'm feel both excited and sorry for Kristers. Like chasespace mentioned above, I assume tonight's CD start means Kristers is getting the nod for Tampa. Great story. Unlikely to have a fairytale outcome.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Sigh.. I'd rather see Kristers over CD. Price will not give up many goals and our defense + goalie situation is not looking good. I highly doubt there is even a chance of us winning this next game.

We need you more than ever now Bishop...

l8ZjgLp.png

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
I hope for Guds as well. Remember him having shutouts in both his ECHL and AHL Debut? Desjardins is the veteran off the two, but their numbers are pretty even as of late and Guds seems to have the mental maturity to handle new situations exceptional well and also always rebounded right after a really bad game from him. So I don't think a bad lose will hurt his development longterm and IMO there is a decent chance he might stand on his Head again and just lets in two Goals or so.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I hope for Guds as well. Remember him having shutouts in both his ECHL and AHL Debut? Desjardins is the veteran off the two, but their numbers are pretty even as of late and Guds seems to have the mental maturity to handle new situations exceptional well and also always rebounded right after a really bad game from him. So I don't think a bad lose will hurt his development longterm and IMO there is a decent chance he might stand on his Head again and just lets in two Goals or so.

Not chance of that now. :p

But yeah, it's a really great story, even if it ends catastrophically (for now). Whatever happens tomorrow, it'll be a fun build up to the game. Looking forward to the HNIC guys trying to figure out who exactly the Canadiens are facing.

Darth Corgi

Dec 23, 2011
Florida
Sigh.. I'd rather see Kristers over CD. Price will not give up many goals and our defense + goalie situation is not looking good. I highly doubt there is even a chance of us winning this next game.

We need you more than ever now Bishop...

l8ZjgLp.png

I like this. Let's go Bolts! Bishop get better.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Not chance of that now. :p

But yeah, it's a really great story, even if it ends catastrophically (for now). Whatever happens tomorrow, it'll be a fun build up to the game. Looking forward to the HNIC guys trying to figure out who exactly the Canadiens are facing.

I doubt it as well, but the two shutouts show that he can handle big pressure in a new situation. That is something many People struggle with, he doesn't and I think we should try to use it. If it doesn't work okay, but than Desjardins most likely would have made a difference either.

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
I really hope Kristers will get the start!

As someone mentioned here, he really can handle a big pressure.

He was a minor league goalie, when got a 1st goalie name with our National team, at last years WC, and played great. (as he said himself, he is not pleased with his performance, but I noticed he is very self-rigorous to himself)

Also, jump from the ECHL to AHL starting goalie in one season. Yeah, he had a rough last couple of games, but before that he looked good. Two shutouts in a row, and a Player of the week award.

Cedrick played last night, if I'am not mistaken. Do Tampa really want to start him two days in a row?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I really hope Kristers will get the start!

As someone mentioned here, he really can handle a big pressure.

He was a minor league goalie, when got a 1st goalie name with our National team, at last years WC, and played great. (as he said himself, he is not pleased with his performance, but I noticed he is very self-rigorous to himself)

Also, jump from the ECHL to AHL starting goalie in one season. Yeah, he had a rough last couple of games, but before that he looked good. Two shutouts in a row, and a Player of the week award.

Cedrick played last night, if I'am not mistaken. Do Tampa really want to start him two days in a row?

Unless Bishop gets back, I'd be pretty surprised if it's not Kristers. Afternoon game too, remember.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
It certainly would be nice for Guddy to get a start against NHL caliber competition just before the Olympics, but who knows if they want to toss him into his first NHL game with less than a days notice, then again Desjardins played last night, so he'd most likely be tired with just over half a day's rest + travel. Kristers did do well in that one NHL exhibition game with the Bolts though, so who knows. Glad this one's on TV here if he does get the start.

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Coffee at the moment, but don't you worry. I've stocked in plenty of beer, rum, and bourbon for today's game. I'd skip watching it, but I'm married to a Habs fan. So there's no escape for me.

:shakehead

Out of curiosity I have to watch it. Now that being said if we play like we did for a limited time we can have Verne Troyer in net and win a game:) If we play like we played for the rest of the game it doesnt really matter whose in net unless is a super hero with special powers or something lol.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So, we're all focused on today's game. But looking forward, does Kristers become our backup for the next for games or CD? Seems like CD's their guy, since he's been the one whom they've called up before.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
So, we're all focused on today's game. But looking forward, does Kristers become our backup for the next for games or CD? Seems like CD's their guy, since he's been the one whom they've called up before.

I'm guessing CD is the backup while Kristers becomes the #1 in Syracuse. CD isn't a prospect anymore so no harm in sitting him on the bench and it'd be great to see Kristers take the reign in Syracuse.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca

Kristers was already supposed to leave for Sochi on Feb 3rd to train with the national team, so it throws a wrench into those plans as well. Maybe they keep him as the back-up in Tampa so he can catch the NHL charter flight on the 10th instead and Desjardins can hold down the fort in Syracuse to create more regularity/continuity, since he'll be playing there for the month anyway? While Desjardin has the 5 NHL games to his credit, he's also not in their future plans, and Krister has seen NHL level work in the Worlds/KHL/NHL preseason, so the experience isn't all that different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad