Waived: Cedrick Desjardins & Alain Berger

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

CBJ: R Russell, N Drazenovic. MTL: C Desjardins. Alain Berger on $125 waivers presumably for purposes of mutual contract termination.

Assuming CD has to clear waivers to play in Hamilton.

Metropolitsky

Still 4x more cups
Jul 19, 2006
Don't really mind but why do we send Desjardins to waivers? Did he ask for it maybe to go to another camp?

Desjardins need to pass waivers to be able to play in Hamilton. I think it is also required for Palushaj when he'll be healthy again and St-Denis

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
There will be tons of these in the coming days. Well, maybe there were a few guys already waived back in Sept before the lockout was official? :dunno: But otherwise, all the teams will have to waive all their minor league vets.

We'll have to waive Palushaj too when he's healthy. And Blunden/Commodore when we send them down. St-Denis, etc. For example. SOP. Berger getting terminated is the only special case.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I can understand the confusion. I think it was bobbymac who tweeted that a few players (including desjardins) were put on waivers for contract termination.

Myron Gaines*

I can understand the confusion. I think it was bobbymac who tweeted that a few players (including desjardins) were put on waivers for contract termination.

And now I just read from one of our posters that we might lose Desjardins to europe?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Doesn't CD have a standard NHL contract? The habs wouldn't let him just go play in Europe if they felt he was needed in hamilton.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If we lose Desjardins, go for Brad Thiessen till we get something better. But we won't lose Desjardins.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Renaud Lavoie‏@RenLavoieRDS

Canadiens waivers: Alain Beger (125$ buyout) and Cedrick Desjardins.

Only Berger is the buyout. CD has to be waived to keep playing in Hamilton.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
There will be tons of these in the coming days. Well, maybe there were a few guys already waived back in Sept before the lockout was official? :dunno: But otherwise, all the teams will have to waive all their minor league vets.

We'll have to waive Palushaj too when he's healthy. And Blunden/Commodore when we send them down. St-Denis, etc. For example. SOP. Berger getting terminated is the only special case.

And Blake Geoffrion, too. I suspect once he is healthy, we may bring him back to the NHL after a conditioning stint. He is too likely to be claimed to take a chance.

Oh, and Commodore in on an AHL contract. No waivers needed. The Habs do not actually own him, he is in camp on trial.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I'd like it if we managed to pick up a decent veteran off waivers to play with the kids in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad