Recalled/Assigned: Cedric Paquette called up

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Paulette is coming up

paulette.jpg

She looks like she'll add some intensity to the team.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Well deserved. Show them the style you played here in Syracuse Cedric and you will be just fine.
Now if Kristers just gets a start at the NHL level, my season as a fan will be complete. I will still watch, but my wish list is done!

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why? Doesn't Syracuse still have games to play? All our forwards played well last night, who would they sit? Kunyk can even get in a game so why bring up Cedric?

So many questions about this move, yes I expected him to be a black ace but not till Syracuse was completely done with there games.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Why? Doesn't Syracuse still have games to play? All our forwards played well last night, who would they sit? Kunyk can even get in a game so why bring up Cedric?

So many questions about this move, yes I expected him to be a black ace but not till Syracuse was completely done with there games.

Syracuse has a ton of forwards with Erne, Ikonen, and Vermin joining them recently. I guess the more surprising part is it's Paquette who get's to be a black ace, unless we have more coming.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Oh, based Cooper, please hear my prayers. Please scratch Teddy to "rest" him and make the 4th line Panik-Thompson-Paquette. :bow:

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Have a feeling Pyatt and/or Purcell are scratched.

Paquette has been fantastic imo. He brings it every night.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Have a feeling Pyatt and/or Purcell are scratched.

Paquette has been fantastic imo. He brings it every night.

No reason to scratch Pyatt instead of Purcell. Pyatt brings it every shift and his speed is killer on the forecheck

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/ear...140411/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
The Lightning called up C Cedric Paquette from Syracuse of the American Hockey League on Friday and expect him to make his NHL debut in one of the final two games.

Paquette, a fourth-round draft pick in 2012, leads Syracuse with 20 goals in 70 games and ranks fourth among AHL rookies with 153 penalty minutes.

“He’s a hard-nosed, gritty player,’’ Yzerman said. “We wanted to bring Cedric as a guy who potentially, depending on what happens, may get into some games and we want to get a peek at them here and see how he does.

“He’s been pretty solid in Syracuse all year. He’s physical, and I think it’s a nice complement and he does a lot of the things that Ryan Callahan does that might be able to help us.’’

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it looks as if it's going to be used as a piece during the Callahan extension negotiations.

I think that quote is more a testament to Yzer's appreciation of Callahan. It wouldn't make sense to act like you don't want a successful player because another clone is in the making. I'd be resigning him and every other type of player that remotely resembles his game and intensity. If anything I think it's a sign that Stevie isn't going to screw around in the negotiations. He wants him. The fanbase wants him. Their mothers all want him. I'm sure by now Yzer and Callahan's agent know that #24 is an integral component of this team.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
I think that quote is more a testament to Yzer's appreciation of Callahan. It wouldn't make sense to act like you don't want a successful player because another clone is in the making. I'd be resigning him and every other type of player that remotely resembles his game and intensity. If anything I think it's a sign that Stevie isn't going to screw around in the negotiations. He wants him. The fanbase wants him. Their mothers all want him. I'm sure by now Yzer and Callahan's agent know that #24 is an integral component of this team.

You know what is really working out?

I was thinking earlier in the year how nice it will be to get Drouin up here next year. I was thinking like the rest of us that he will be a stud and our team will be getting better. Then I thought gosh when Drouin finally comes around we will lose MSL because of old age (so it would be a wash sort of speak). But now getting Callahan easily replaces (talent wise) for MSL and we will have Callahan a lot longer than MSL. :thumbu:

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
He will be the 2nd non goalie to make his debut that was not drafted in the top two rounds!
The other is 5th round defedner Connor Carrick (WSH).
And 4th not taken in the first round, the two 2nd rounders are Sissons (NSH) and MCCabe (Buf).

Again one hell of a draft pick by the draft wizards..

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
That last line. :facepalm:

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it looks as if it's going to be used as a piece during the Callahan extension negotiations.

Agent: "You don't have anyone like him"
SFY: "Oh yes, we do."

I think SFY meant to compliment Callahan (and Paquette) for his rather unique contribution to the team (net presence, grit, leadership, two-way play and so on).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad