Prospect Info: Cedar Park

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Could include ECHL Idaho Steelheads in this thread since they're also a Stars affiliate . That series is now tied 2-2 after Steelheads fell down 0-2 against Utah

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Pretty strange how the lower seed in the AHL ends up getting more home gate revenue when they get trucked just to save on travel costs.

And along with Tufte's season it's worth calling out Rhett Gardner's offensive performance. Yes, he's 27. But for a guy who showed next to zero offensive instincts during his NHL stint he's figured something out at the AHL level at least.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Pretty strange how the lower seed in the AHL ends up getting more home gate revenue when they get trucked just to save on travel costs.

And along with Tufte's season it's worth calling out Rhett Gardner's offensive performance. Yes, he's 27. But for a guy who showed next to zero offensive instincts during his NHL stint he's figured something out at the AHL level at least.

I mean we've seen that before with guys game just not translating to the NHL . Texas team captain Curtis McKenzie is an awesome AHL player . In the NHL he was purely a 4th line grinder and not a very good one

You get a good AHL player who plays some NHL games with a later round pick thats actually good value. With the 1st rounder on the other hand its not

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Stars will play Milwaukee in the next round. A lot of the guys who were on Nashville's roster toward the end of the season are down there now. Sanford, McCarron, Sherwood, Tomasino, Evangelista, Stastney.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
AHL needs to fix their mindset around home/away game setup. They need to stop punishing the team with the better record.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
As I recall when I checked a while back, the higher seed gets to choose the format, so if 2-3 is what you're complaining about, it's what the Stars chose.

Really? I know they stack games different to save on travel costs but it's just weird to me to start all these games on the road.

Zero income for the team and seems like a disadvantage.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Should be noted that Grushnikov is actually playing, yes partly because of injury, but still impressive considering how hard it is for a player fresh from junior to crack an AHL playoff roster.

Reactions: LT

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Should be noted that Grushnikov is actually playing, yes partly because of injury, but still impressive considering how hard it is for a player fresh from junior to crack an AHL playoff roster.

Excited to see him and Bichsel battle for Lindell’s spot in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00