Turris
Zibanejad
Pageau
Colin White
Logan Brown
Lazar
Nick Paul
Zack Smith

Ottawa needs a elite number 1 offensive C, RNH would be more of the same.
Would rather keep Ceci, unless it's Draisaitl or Pulju.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Turris
Zibanejad
Pageau
Colin White
Logan Brown
Lazar
Nick Paul
Zack Smith

Ottawa needs a elite number 1 offensive C, RNH would be more of the same.
Would rather keep Ceci, unless it's Draisaitl or Pulju.

While I don't disagree with the bolded, Ceci isn't going to return anything close to that.

Draisaitl and Pulju are obvious non-starters for the Oilers and personally I wouldn't move RNH for Ceci. Don't really see a fit here, i think we're just going to keep the 3 centres we have for the next couple years anyways.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm hearing Karlsson for Letestu, probably should stop drinking during the day though and the voices might go away.

No way, Letestu is highly underated.
Karlsson's Hero chart is unimpressive.

EDM can't use him...already have Klefbom.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
This trade only makes sense if EDM is taking back MacArthur while giving Ottawa one of their cheap third liners/middle 6 forwards.

If Ottawa is trading Ceci, it is likely because they cannot come to terms on a contract and Ceci wants too much money. Taking on RNH at 6M doesn't solve that for Ottawa. Ottawa is a budget team.

If it goes down, I bet there'll be other moving pieces. Something like RNH+Yakupov (maybe with Yak half retained) for Ceci+MacArthur (4.6M cap hit). The only way this makes sense is if Ottawa is lowering their salary spent.

If Ottawa moves Ceci for the rumored Barrie package of Pouliot+1st+Yakupov that'll be awful.

There are two outside benefits to moving Ceci in a trade that lowers Ottawa's salary. One is they might be more open to finding a middle ground with Hoffman and re-signing him long term, and secondly they can only protect three defenders next year in the expansion draft so they were likely set to lose Marc Methot who still has lots of value to the team.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
While I don't disagree with the bolded, Ceci isn't going to return anything close to that.

Draisaitl and Pulju are obvious non-starters for the Oilers and personally I wouldn't move RNH for Ceci. Don't really see a fit here, i think we're just going to keep the 3 centres we have for the next couple years anyways.

Agreed. Ceci isn't established enough to return that kind of player. But if Ottawa were to trade Ceci for a center it would have to be in a package for someone who was a clear upgrade over Turris and Zibanejad, which RNH isn't.

In a vacuum I would trade Ceci for RNH, but you can't be a good team with a hole in your top 4 and Ottawa just patched it up after years. It'd be foolish to just open it again.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Lol IF true. Rnh is worth more than Ceci, but Ottawa can't lose Ceci and does not need Nuge.

We just saw the exact same team in this rumor give up Hall for Larsson which is just as skewed value wise if not more than RNH for Ceci. With that in mind, I don't think pure value is all that relevant when we're talking about a young RHD to the Oilers.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I don't want to move RNH but I'd definitely take this deal. Send the 2nd to Boston as compensation and the 1st to Dallas for Eakins.

Let's do this. ;)

I know it's a spelling mistake, but you are literally the only Edmonton fan ever who would want Eakins back in any shape or form.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Agreed. Ceci isn't established enough to return that kind of player. But if Ottawa were to trade Ceci for a center it would have to be in a package for someone who was a clear upgrade over Turris and Zibanejad, which RNH isn't.

In a vacuum I would trade Ceci for RNH, but you can't be a good team with a hole in your top 4 and Ottawa just patched it up after years. It'd be foolish to just open it again.

Yeah fair post. Unfortunately, elite #1C's get traded about as often as elite #1D (unless they're in a swap lol). The only way it seems possible to get one is to trade for an unestablished one and hope they develop or draft one.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Ceci is from Ottawa, loves the city and loves being a Sen. Playing the most coveted position in hockey right now.

They aren't about to trade that away for an under achieving, over paid, glorified #2 centerman.

And lets not forget the sens are still a budget team, and in no way will take on the higher cap hit in a trade
Ottawa passes quite easily.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
If true, I'm going to flip out as a Wild fan. Still can't believe a deal around RNH for Dumba+Haula/Zucker can't get worked out.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
I cannot see this trade happening. Ottawa needs Ceci behind Karlsson and Edmonton needs RNH to play the shut down role still. Eklund is full of crap.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
RNH is worth more than Ceci--

Oilers already taken the hit trading one of their top guys and wont be doing it a second time..

I am sure if the trade was to occur, it would probably have a pick going to the Oilers. Maybe a second round pick or something.

who knows maybe it could be

RNH + Yakupov for Ceci and lazar.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I am sure if the trade was to occur, it would probably have a pick going to the Oilers. Maybe a second round pick or something.

who knows maybe it could be

RNH + Yakupov for Ceci and lazar.

That doesn't make it any better.

There's zero reason for the Oilers to trade Nugent-Hopkins for Ceci.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad