Series Discussion CDSF: Dallas Stars vs Nashville Predators: STARS WIN STARS WIN STARS WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
literally the only interview with any stars' player i've seen this series is that benn one after game 5 with nothing but hockey cliches for answers

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Radulov is going to start getting fined.

Not really . As long as the team doesn't tell him to talk to the media he doesn't have to. Media availability comes from the team. The media can and may request certain players but the team at the end of the day can allways say no to that.

He made postgame interviews to Razor and Josh but nobody else IRC since march.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
You have to suspect something is going on with Rads, maybe on the personal side that he doesn't want to come up for personal reasons. Or maybe he doesn't want to talk about his departure from NSH years ago, who knows. I guess whatever it is it hasn't affected, or has supremely affected his play. He has been super.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
First chance to clinch tonight. 4th is hard to win, and we have very little experience doing that. Also, the real Preds have to show up at some point, and play like they did for most of the regular season. I doubt they lay over, and could be dominant, or even in play and get the lucky bounce that sends us to game 7.

Short version - I hope the players and coach aren't as confident as some posters here that they will win by showing up as they have the last two games. Usually, the opposite of what we expect to happen happens in PO hockey, a result of intense efforts by all to win the Cup. Unpredictability is the essence of the playoff season.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeahhh I'm nervous. Especially after watching Vegas and Toronto fail to close theirs out yesterday on home ice. San Jose had no business winning that game and yet they pulled it off somehow. Anything can happen and Nashville won't go down easily that's for sure

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stars need to bring their A-game like those last games and not worry about which Predators show up. Stars play their best and they'll win.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Not really . As long as the team doesn't tell him to talk to the media he doesn't have to. Media availability comes from the team. The media can and may request certain players but the team at the end of the day can allways say no to that.

He made postgame interviews to Razor and Josh but nobody else IRC since march.

From Shapiro-

Sean Shapiro said:
The following comes directly from a memo sent by NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly before the start of the playoffs:

No player shall be excused from media access without League approval. Failure to comply with these Regulations may result in fines. Repeated non-compliance may result in exponential fines. All Player fines with these regulations shall be assessed in accordance with Exhibit 14 of the CBA and shall be subject to the grievance provisions of Article 17 of the CBA.

Exhibit 14 in the CBA reads “All members of the media are to be treated with courtesy. Media Regulations agreed to by the NHL and the NHLPA must be strictly adhered to.”

Radulov has not been available to the media during this series. After scoring twice in Game 5, he was requested through Stars PR and refused to be made available. While media members were talking to Benn, Radulov walked through the locker room and loudly gave grief to Dickinson, who was waiting his turn to speak with media members.

Once he saw media members look at him, he quickly left the locker room before anyone could approach him.

It’s an NHL rule and part of his job that he speaks to the media. He has broken that rule multiple times this series.

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
We should care. Satan's Who Cares is about as dumb as saying it after an opponents goal announcement. its part of the game and I might want to know if it was tipped, went straight in, etc.

I wonder what he was giving JD grief about? If you are in the where there is smoke there is fire mode of thought, any controversy surrounding Rads does have some potential to derail the Stanley Cup train.....

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
We should care. Satan's Who Cares is about as dumb as saying it after an opponents goal announcement. its part of the game and I might want to know if it was tipped, went straight in, etc.

I wonder what he was giving JD grief about? If you are in the where there is smoke there is fire mode of thought, any controversy surrounding Rads does have some potential to derail the Stanley Cup train.....
Shapiro is starting a fire over nothing because a non-English speaker isn’t giving him a sound bite for his blogs. How often does Malkin or Panarin speak to the media?

Reactions: Morry83 and Kallio

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
First chance to clinch tonight. 4th is hard to win, and we have very little experience doing that. Also, the real Preds have to show up at some point, and play like they did for most of the regular season. I doubt they lay over, and could be dominant, or even in play and get the lucky bounce that sends us to game 7.

Short version - I hope the players and coach aren't as confident as some posters here that they will win by showing up as they have the last two games. Usually, the opposite of what we expect to happen happens in PO hockey, a result of intense efforts by all to win the Cup. Unpredictability is the essence of the playoff season.
Real Preds? These are the real Preds. Bad PP. Overrated defense and Goaltending. Lack of scoring. Dallas is the better team. Bishop hasn’t been great this series and the offense has bailed him out. That’s what I like to see. Bishop will crank it up at some point.

Reactions: Brass Bonanza

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’m glad we took the lead and have two chances to finish them off. Dallas needs to keep playing the same game they’ve been playing all series long.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Why are NHL players required to talk to the media in the first place?

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Not sure if you're sarcastic or not. It's all about PR for the League, which hopefully enhances the interest which then leads to the League making more money.
What good is 2 minutes of Radulov spouting cliches in broken English? Good PR for the league is him scoring goals and GIFable celebrations.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
What good is 2 minutes of Radulov spouting cliches in broken English? Good PR for the league is him scoring goals and GIFable celebrations.
This team is so f***ing desperate for playoff success that they’d let Radulov punch every writer after every game as long as he’s scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad